How Powerful is the Subconscious Mind?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Flashboy, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Redneck

Redneck

Sir,

It’s all good

This statement confuses me though…. Because isn’t this exactly what you, me, and everyone else who delves into the psychological aspect of trading is trying achieve ....

That is change around our subconscious so to better utilize it for a specific (directed) reason – specifically being profitable trading

BTW

I’m not trying to be argumentative… I am however trying to see this from more than a one dimensional perspective (that one being my own of course) and maybe learn something

I’ve already fought my demons – and from that - one of the things I’ve learned – is to always remain open to learning...

Which is why I ultimately decided to participate in this discussion…. and purchase the books/ CDs you and xxxskier recommended

Thanks
    RN

#51     Jun 22, 2009
  2. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

Redneck,

an open mind is best because an open mind is a better mirror for the market... imo, the market is an open mind on a mass proportion of sorts in that the market can do anything at anytime.

let me know what you think after you try the centerpointe stuff. feel free to pm.

#52     Jun 23, 2009
  3. Excellent post. This about sums it up.

I remember when I was starting out, many times after I eventually amassed a significant gain, the hubris would kick in and I'd feel like Hank Aaron. I'd swing for the fences to hit a grand-slam and strike out miserably-- blowing all my gains on one trade plus weeks or months of work. It was beyond sickening.

I turned the corner when I began to internalize that the worst part of losing money in trading wasn't about the monetary loss, as dollars can be replaced or re-grown-- it was about flushing so many hours, weeks or months of hard work and precious time in my life down the toilet. That was the killer.

Grasp that and watch how you wise-up overnight.

Additionally, once I perfected my methodology (to my satisfaction), I looked back and realized they were bonehead trades and it was completely obvious why I lost (as TraderZones mentioned above).

#53     Jun 23, 2009
  4. Cesko

Cesko

Totally and completely disagree with you and Traderzones. I would make money from day one if I could follow the rules.
    Even with many bonehead trades.

Can anybody give me a definition of edge in trading??? At last!

#54     Jun 23, 2009
  5. Redneck

Redneck

Much obliged to you Sir :)

#55     Jun 23, 2009
  6. how do you learn to drive a car?
    the first time try, even your tutor taught everything a driver should do, when you (concious level)try to hit the brake, your feet(subcious level) hit gas pumper, when you try(concious) to turn wheel left, you turned your wheel right, when you(concious level) try to avoid hitting curb, you ended up hitting the curb and did more damage even to the guiderail... a total mess

one fact, you are a baby driver!
    first you need admit it: you are a baby trader. when a baby tries to walk, he will fall down many times, or a baby driver will cause some "accidents", you see red light, but you hit gas pumper and go through the intersection (thanks GOD, GOD is with you, thee is no cars there)

after you realized it, then anaylyzed it what skills you need to learn. one time attack one, just like learning to drive a car, first maybe traffic rules, then learn how to brake, then pump gas, then turn your wheel, then watch signs....

in trading, first thing you need learn is: trading rules. write it down, do it many times until it will natural to you. I know your subconcious will fight back at the beginning (many reasons to break the rules, we do not want to thank GOD, since GOD give us FREE WILL, the sin comes from.. you know what I mean) that is why you got bombs

then learn to observe the market behaviors and learn how to adapt yourself to follow it to benefit yourself, market is your boss.
    or we called market anaylysis skills.

#56     Jun 23, 2009
  7. i love this book it was written back in 1912 by him he is the foundation of ALL of the self help guru's and books written since then. it was the foundation of the movie "the secret" this book and system has changed my life. i have several origanal book's of his. THE BEST BOOK ON CD I HAVE FOUND IS (THE MASTER KEY SYSTEM READ BY JAMES BOLES UPDATED FOR THE 21CENTURY) AT BARNES AND NOBEL FOR 39.00 US DOLLERS AND ON EBAY FOR AROUND 20.00 I BUY A BUNCH OF THEM AND GIVE THEM OUT TO PEOPLE. PS THIS BOOK WILL BRING YOU TO A RELM YOU NEVER THOUGHT OF.......

#57     Jun 24, 2009
  8. Mr Pain

Mr Pain

Watch Derren Brown. Here is a short segment of his.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vz_YTNLn6w

my favorites so far are the heist where he takes agroup of people and messes with their minds so that 3 of them rob an armored car and Messiah where he convinces experts in the field of religion, esp, etc.. that he has power when in fact he is using trickery.

#58     Jun 24, 2009
  9. my own personnal guru who isn't a guru :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiddu_Krishnamurti

"Meditation is one of the greatest arts in life-perhaps the greatest, and one cannot possibly learn it from anybody, that is the beauty of it. It has no technique and therefore no authority. When you learn about yourself, watch yourself, watch the way you walk, how you eat, what you say, the gossip, the hate, the jealousy-if you are aware of all that in yourself, without any choice, that is part of meditation."

That's the best way to control oneself for trading.

#59     Jun 24, 2009
  10. OK I AM HAPPEY FOR YOU. THE MASTER KEY SYSTEM, IS ANOTHER WAY TO GET YOU THERE(TO YOUR END RESULT).... BUT HE WAS THE FOUNDER OF THIS TYPE OF SYSTEM .PLEASE DO SOME HOMEWORK.... :)

#60     Jun 24, 2009