How Powerful is the Subconscious Mind?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Flashboy, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Just a few quick (final) observations.

There are people (professionals) who spend their lives studying the subconcious. Dr. Erickson was just one of them.

There are important questions to ask yourself like

"Why is it so difficult to gain access to the subconcious?"

"If I can can access to my subconcious, how can I use that information?"

The subject of the subconcious is a "pandora's box". Its a long journey (not a weekend road trip). There are few things that I think I "know" in life, one of them is the necessity to learn to follow the trail (research) to the end.

If you are willing to suspend your idea of who and what you are long enough, what you discover along the way may surprise you.

Good luck

#41     Jun 22, 2009
  2. Redneck

Redneck

Interesting comments

Here’s a question Sir

I use (manipulate) a computer - for example - to get the work done (results) I want…..

But I don’t know how a computer works – nor do I believe I need to – as it is just a tool for me to use

In the same light I also see my subconscious as a tool – to use – to get the results I want

so…..

Do I need to know how it (my subconscious) works in order to manipulate it - and be able to use it to get what I want

or

Can I just learn “how” to use (manipulate) it - in order to use it to get the results I want ….

Which btw is what I’m looking for from these texts (how to manipulate it... not how it works, or why it works the way it does)

I absolutely know who or what I am is of no consequence to the market – and in as such – is also inconsequential to taking money from the market

My prime directive as a trader is to make money - everything I do with regard to trading supports that directive

Your thoughts Sir

Thanks
    RN

#42     Jun 22, 2009
  3. One certainly does not have to have a Phd in computer science to operate a computer. (I am testimony to that). However, when things go wrong, I bring in a professional to put me back on track. I learned a long time ago, that reading the manual (or any book about computers for that matter) probably isn't going to provide me with enough information to get my problem solved.

If you are getting what you want out of this life, why bother learning about the subconcious? If on the other hand you are "in the weeds" and looking for something to put you back on track, just know that reading two books probably isn't going to make a significant difference. Be prepared for a longer journey and the necessity to make a committment to learning about yourself.

If a person spends a significant amount of time studying a subject, that effort changes them.....I am a much different person, and I think differently because of the training I received. In order to get to that point, I had to "let go" of who and what I was and embrace some new concepts. It took time.

I notice the comments about "manipulation"....so for the record, if you (or anyone) thinks they are going to find a way to "manipulate" or "use" their subconcious in a directed way, you are in for a surprise. Ain't gonna happen. Don't believe me? Find a licensed hypnotherapist (preferrably an MD), psychiatrist or psychologist and ask that question....

I think that is about as clear as I can make it. Now unfortunately I have to get some sleep.

I leave the rest to you.

Good night.

#43     Jun 22, 2009
  4. Eight

Eight

I don't find that the unconscious is hard to access. If I want to program a memory or an activity I picture it. For example, if I want to remember to get milk at the grocery store I picture myself walking through the entrance and going to the dairy section...

Our subconscious has access to a timeless aspect of the universe somehow, I think it's the spiritual realm and it exists independent of creation, outside space and time... watch your daydreams when you are driving, they give you head's up on what is going to happen. I had a long commute and put 350,000 miles on my Camaro over lots of years, I got used to daydreaming about the guy crossing over the double yellow and coming straight at me, I'd take my foot off the gas and be ready to dodge, it happened enough times that I can remember them all, never a panic moment for me, just making some room for a real fool to do his thing and thanking God for making us so wonderfully...

#44     Jun 22, 2009
  5. Why do I get the feeling that you were unconscious when you wrote this post?

#45     Jun 22, 2009
  6. Neuro Linguistic Programming is the Scientology of achievement.

#46     Jun 22, 2009
  7. Okay, but only if you learn how teaching works.

#47     Jun 22, 2009
  8. :D

#48     Jun 22, 2009
  9. It's so powerful, it can learn to make sure you don't piss or shit your bad in your sleep.

#49     Jun 22, 2009
  10. eagle

eagle

Right. :D

#50     Jun 22, 2009