How Powerful is the Subconscious Mind?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Flashboy, Jun 17, 2009.

1. well exactly.

so if you believe that you are a failure you are.

but is there a way to change that belief?

#11     Jun 17, 2009
  2. In my experience, it's easier to do "dumb" things when stressed or not feeling well. One of my turning points in trading was to accept that I (unless I caught myself), at times would override/change live systems because I "knew better".

To counter-act that, I chose to watch my pulse whenever I were considering overriding things. That made a huge difference, and just the change in focus helped me deal with it. I later switched to using an emwave device, fyi.

I'm not sure if that's of help to you, but i urge you to consider your physical state during those times of rapid account drawdown.

#12     Jun 17, 2009
  3. aiki, the art of harmonization, is the key. when one's ki is circulating freely, sickness does not arise. let go of petty thoughts and selfish desires, and you can live in true freedom.

#13     Jun 17, 2009
  4. I don't know a surefire way to "cure" your negativity, Flash.
    If you can examine your own belief system, and start to write down what you'd rather believe thoughout the day, that would be a good start.
    I'm talking about your own, internal "mind chatter". We do it all day, us humans, fallible as we are. We train our brains to go down bad roads, and then act surprised when we hit a pot-hole and get a flat, metaphorically speaking.
    Just act happy to the point of almost being stupid about it.
    Smile. Smile at everyone who meets your eye.
    Write down what a good man you are, and place it in a spot your eyes go to while behind your trading screens.
    Write down goals, like, I'm going to make $100 this week.
    Money is energy, like love.
    How much energy do you think you deserve?
    You're a good man Flash, now just convince yourself of that 1 fact, and you're on the right road.:)

#14     Jun 17, 2009
  5. eagle

eagle

That was in your childhood. How about now? :D

#15     Jun 17, 2009
  6. ammo

ammo

1st of all ,if you doubt your negative or positive belief, u r not sure it's true. Let's assume it's not since u doubt it. Hence the previous statement ,u r what u believe,is true for as long as u believe it. So to trade or succeed u must monitor, tune up, and constantly change the oil on your beliefs to keep them optimal, a bad belief is like bad gas, you're just not going to run at optimal performance

#16     Jun 17, 2009
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

ok Deepak Tu-pac... :p

#17     Jun 17, 2009
  8. Flashboy,

You have been around for a while and your posts tell a great story of how you got to be the way you are.

For anyone to move forward there are a few requirements. In your case two outstanding requirements are apparent:

1. Learn how learning works.

2. Learn and know how the mind works.

The inital brief thought that you are not acquainted with may be used to show you, clearly, why you have the problems you do. And, further, why almost no one will ever be able to help you get past your difficulties that you create by choices you keep making.

Everything you percieve (a sensory thing) is reinforced by your mind's contents.

Perception is only 10% sensory. What makes up 90% of your perception is cominfg straight out of your mind and its technical name is inference.

Inference, from your mind, is the mess that resulted from the way you have been living your life. Inference is the FIRST thing that comes to your conscious mind as you receive input from outside of you. As well, much more is there dealing with what you sense and it is unconscious.

You are really fouled up in many many ways. All the time for you, anytime anything is sensed, it is accompanied with the messed up inference coming from within your mind.

It will be very hard for you to begin the process of getting organized and getting on the right track. All the time your mind is screwing you up.

To sit down and begin to deal with the two items above means making a conscious effort to WORK continually to find out what learning to learn means and making the effort to find out how the mind works.

someone mentioned taking the pulse and then converting to measuring the waveform of the heart to have a measure of one's state. The emwave pc does that on a computer display. the fourrier analysis of the heart's waveform clearly defines the possible spectrum ranging from incoherence to coherence. Fight or flight both are example of incoherence.

For you, flashboy, anything you sense is going to be incoherent simply because you have an automatic inference from your long term memory that combines with your sensing to give you an incoherent perception.

If you had an emwave pc and were able to really meditate, you might see and feel what it is like to be coherent for a brief period.

Not being able to learn in life and not knowing how perception and how the mind works is a tough place to wind down further and futher in a spiral. A lot of people get to be fearful, anxious and angry most of the time as a consequence.

For a lot of associated reasons, trading gets to be a really lousy prolonged experience for people who do not know how to learn nor know how they work internally as humans.

Edge trading is a profound example of how fouled up the mind can get by making dumb decisions one after another to spiral down into incoherence. There is no coherence involved in doing any trading that is based on betting, probabilities or risk or money management.

Most of what is called perception is two parallel paths of the conscious and the unconscious. The perception ratio per slug of data is 10,000 to 20,000,000, the conscious portion being the smaller.

#18     Jun 17, 2009
  9. ammo

ammo

no more so than the rest of us, look at the state of the world we live in, we make up that state,take it easy hersh

#19     Jun 17, 2009

10. Great post.

The mainstream perception of the term, 'trading edge', should be changed to, 'trading on the edge'. What most would call an 'edge', is actually just playing with fire. They are playing with market fire, and also playing with thier own minds highly combustable areas. It all tends to bring out the worst trading decisions in people.

Yours,

Dackster.

#20     Jun 17, 2009