How one person could execute trades in multiple account in different locations?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by ladyarya, Apr 28, 2019.

1. ladyarya

ladyarya

Hi guys, nice to meet you and thank you for visiting this thread.

I'm new in here, so please feel free to give me any input. I was never a full-time trader myself, but I traded stock since 2013 using value investing. My boss at work started a new business line for derivatives trading because of a friend of him that has been very successful in trading for more than 10 years. He claimed to have been saving more than 1 trillion USD by trading at dukascopy with an initial capital of USD 1 million. So my boss would like to build a software or anything that can auto-copy this man trades real time. Does anybody have any thought, or some reference perhaps?

Thank you,

2. "1 trillion USD"? That's a true success story , ET traders eat your hearts out.

tommcginnis and nooby_mcnoob like this.
  3. Handle123

Handle123

So in other words you want to steal this other trader's system? And am sure your boss asked his friend for brokerage statements which has times to 100th second on them and friend said no, so now your boss has sent you to ask people like us how to steal for you. I have some thoughts but am sure you would not like them.

tommcginnis likes this.
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Don't think there is any trillionaires on the planet, if so not many so go for a Billion, Billions the TV shows talks in billions all the time.

tommcginnis likes this.
  5. schweiz

schweiz

You probably mean 1 trillion Indonesian rupiah, as you live in Indonesia. So it would be around 70 million $ in 10 years.

tommcginnis likes this.
  6. schweiz

schweiz

Contact the Microsoft support desk in Nigeria or in India. They can help you...

oraclewizard77 likes this.
  7. qlai

qlai

Why do you say that? It sounds to me like he has access to his friends trades and his friend may not mind if he is being shadow traded. Too good to be true?

@ladyarya, how exactly do you have access to the trades? I assume they are fast or you would simply be doing it manually. If you truly have the trader's permission, I may have some ideas which would require his cooperation.

For all you haters, troll or not, I will be damned if I bypass a trillion dollars opportunity! :)

8. maxinger

maxinger

We tried very hard to believe this story,
    but unable to make it.
    We will try very hard again later.

OK now serious discussion.
    You need to check how many mansions, luxury cars the trillion dollar man owns.
    check if he is paying billions of dollars tax.

9. Felix168

Felix168

Hi Ladyarya,

I am not aware of an easy way to 'auto-copy' someone else's trades. But as you state you are all friends, there might be different ways to do what you are looking for.

If your friend created a 'friends and family advisor' account at Interactive Brokers, he could trade on your boss's behalf. Your friend would need to set up a pre-trade allocation towards the two accounts, and then trade in the master account just like he was doing before in his personal account. IB would allocate towards the two sub-accounts transparently.

Hope this helps,
    best regards

Felix

10. volpri

volpri

Lol

#10     Apr 29, 2019