How on earth are the indicies markets all so extremely bullish??!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by spanish89, Nov 3, 2011.

1. luisHK

luisHK

I was long NQ, QQQ and AAPL - it felt real enough :D

#51     Nov 4, 2011
  2. Thank you for taking the time.

I find the 5 min too fast, too noisy.

Believe it or not the chart I like the most as a daytrader is the daily chart.

Maybe I'm nuts ! :)

FoN

#52     Nov 4, 2011
  3. So, spanish..89 you like fibs huh? Remember when you blew up last time son? Yeah you did,you had to get a real job after one of your lil 'elastic bands' failed to snap back allowing (or not) you to make 'easy profits'
    Well that was a clue son you were trying to short...er er huh wait for it folks,this might upset him too much a TREND you know? that thing you,in your finite wisdom (correct spelling) believe doesn't exist
    You know son,i can speak with personal experience here,there will come a day in your life when you will secretly admit that in so many ways you were a horses ass.
    Now that you drummed up enough dough for another (tiny) account,what do you think you learned so far? Nada i would guess based on the evidence so far.

#53     Nov 4, 2011
  4. Says the guy who "took five years off" from trading.

Admit it, you just wrote about yourself.

#54     Nov 4, 2011
  5. Yup, there was no chance of getting on board after 1075. I thought you liked fibs..can you count to 5? thats how many months it took for your rubber band to snap.with you buying all the way down and selling all the way up.It's uncanny how losing traders manage this feat perfectly ain't it son? According to your post,there is not even such a thing as'' movement'' How exactly does one make ''easy profits'' on something that doesn't actually move.That's one holy grail strategy you got there son,i'd actually like to see the blueprint for that one.
    Didn't you promise yourself never to show us your ass in here again? and yet here you are. That can't be right ..can it? I bet you trade like that too,breaking all your rules and revenge trading with a mental picture of your (well,someone elses, probably) phone bill in your mind.
    If the market is fawlty towers,you are by,self definition,manuel the spanish dumbass waiter. que?

#55     Nov 4, 2011
  6. TILT2

TILT2

+1

#56     Nov 4, 2011
  7. TILT2

TILT2

+1

#57     Nov 4, 2011
  8. Actually you're the opposite of nuts.Personally i've always found nodoji posts highly irritating.Up until now it was based on instinct only.Because on the face of it everything she says sounds perfectly reasonable, painstakingly explained,well intentioned and wow,isn't it just the abc of daytrading.But tonight she said some things that the hatter,paranoid and mistrustfull as he is finds suspicious.
    ''easy money'' that's what she said .Does that sound like a trader or a vendor? is that the language of a trader or a wannabe? or a planning to be vendor?
    And now her skill level has developed so accutely that she can spot a failed breakout of 2 or 3 ticks...! huh?!
    In the entire history of stockmarkets i doubt there was a failed breakout of 2 or 3 ticks that wasn't pure random noise.So she can time pure random noise by 2 or 3 ticks that is talent. Isn't it?
    In fact she needs to drop down to the one minute time frame for precise entries.. in the direction of a trend? Notice how she lists ''getting in too early to get a better price'' as one of the reasons for losing money..well she would know wouldn't she?
    What never ceases to amaze me is the never ending line of puppy dogs thanking her profusely and hoping to be sprinkled with the holy water. Don't worry folks the website,trading room and cd are all in the pipline.

#58     Nov 4, 2011
  9. bone

bone

Absolutely, positively not true. That conclusion is horseshit. Selection is everything.

#59     Nov 4, 2011
  10. NoDoji

NoDoji

What I said was, "If you learn to identify trends and reversal setups and take screen shots of these patterns, it gets pretty easy after a while."

I also said, "Then study a hundred charts of your instrument(s) in your time frame and collect statistics in spreadsheet format until you establish with-trend pullback setups and consolidation setups that provide a statistical edge and the best levels at which to place maximum protective stops and lock in minimum profits. Capture screen shots of the setups at the hard right edge as well as after the trade plays out (before and after), so you learn to recognize the setups in real time, not just on a static chart after-the-fact."

Mad, do you know how long this took me? It took half a year, full days, 7 days a week, and another half a year to overcome the psychological barriers to executing the plan and I still have times when everything goes out the window and I temporarily lose my mind, though those times are few and far between.

Yes it has, and yes I can. That's one of the easiest setups to spot if you take notes (written or mental) while you trade.

FoN asked me a scaling question via PM earlier and part of my reply was:

This "99% perspiration" I committed to my career resulted in an ability to read price action in a way that appears to be pure magic to those who don't understand what I'm doing, but becomes clear once they catch on.

There are many ways to extract profits from the markets, but the keys to success are the same for all of them:

Win rate % combined with a risk:reward ratio that has demonstrated profits over time through varying market conditions

A written trading plan that you can hand to a geek and s/he can code it without asking for any further clarification (When I talk with traders asking for help this is the first thing I ask for and so far 95% of them have been unable to provide me with that basic foundation. Does "95%" sound like a familiar statistic?)

The ability to trade the plan manually and if you can't do that, then the ability to automate it and take the stress off you personally

Constant evaluation of the system with small adaptations when indicated (a robust price action system will work through all market conditions with the only adaptations needed being stop/profit target adjustments to accommodate changes in volatility and price)

Mad, I'm sorry you can't just put me on Ignore because you'll still see my posts when people quote them.

I assure you that I have no interest in, nor any intention of, becoming a vendor, or running a web site or trading room.

#60     Nov 4, 2011