How old are you?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by rateesquad, Dec 4, 2006.

How old are you now?

1. 15-20

15 vote(s)
    5.1%
  2. 20-30

159 vote(s)
    53.5%
  3. 40-50

72 vote(s)
    24.2%
  4. 50-60

27 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. 60+

24 vote(s)
    8.1%
  1. This is a poll determining the age of the people who trade.
    I will use the information for my studies on traders.
    I am studying psychology of the traders, actually to be more precise I am doing an ethnography.

If you do not mind. Tell me how you got into trading. Age is important...How old where you when you began trading?
    How old are you now?
    What event led to this 'bug'?

2. Don't forget to compensate for the tendency of more younger people with lots of idle time on their hands to click links to threads like this and participate in a poll.

3. For instance, I began trading at the age of 15. I was an investor at first. Usually making 2-5 trades a month, trading equities. Then I switched to TA when I was 16 and started to swing trade.
    At the age of 17 I started to trade forex.
    Now I am 18 years old since last week. And getting into futures.

The event that lead to the my obsession with trading was my experience with the banks. As you know, banks offer 2-% on checking accounts. And around 5.5% on CD's. I was sure I can do more than that in stock market. Guess what, I did. And, now I am hooked like so many of ET participants.

4. what futures are you trading?..with what broker?

5. I guess there aren't any 30-40 year old traders? :confused:

6. In 2009 I turn 30, in 2010 I turn 40 :D

7. pekar

pekar

I'm still a newbie.
    I've now 23.
    And I start by curiosity.
    Guess I'm one of those 95% that is going to loose money. ;)

8. rzepe93

rzepe93

No, they're all retired.

9. rateesquad,

LH's point is that you're missing a group in your poll for traders aged 30-40. Also, you need to specify whether the age range endpoints are in the group or not. For example is someone who is 50 in the 40-50 group or the 50-60 group? I would respectfully suggest you change your groups to 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, etc.

Regards,

10. Yeah I messed up on the poll. Ok nvm.

#10     Dec 4, 2006