How old are you?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LordMelbury, Jun 8, 2003.

1. I started in Oct 1997 when I was 18 years old. I bought 23 shares of GPS with my TD Waterhouse account. I liked their clothing and their commercials on TV. Every time I was in the Gap, it was busy and it looked like a good business; so I decided to buy their stock. I had to phone it in the order because the Waterhouse website wasn't working. The IR was suprised at the odd lot trade and had to ask me a second time that I didn't mean 2300 shares. I bought it in the morning and the stock moved up around 6% by the end of the day and I made money even after commission. = )

I'm still trading so it's coming up to 6 years now. Sometimes were more active than others. I've had 2 times when I didn't watch the market for as long as 3 months.

As for consistently profitable, I have yet to achieve that goal.

DNAJ65000

#31     Jun 8, 2003
  2. nitro

nitro

I started in the business (not trading - worked at MERC) when I was 19. Been in it on and off since then, but now for good (knock on wood) since '99 - 00.

nitro

#32     Jun 8, 2003
  3. I mean, I already did some moves but I felt like Im not ready to get really into it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are 20, and did some move only. That is fine.
    I understand that you do need to get really deep
    into it, if she do not feel like she realy need also.
    :D :D :D :D :D

#33     Jun 8, 2003
  4. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

I started trading when I was in my mid 20's. Been doing it full time since early 1996. And yes, I'm profitable ... how else would I pay the bills? :confused:

#34     Jun 8, 2003
  5. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

I started trading when I was in my mid 20's. Been doing it full time since early 1996. And yes, I'm profitable ... how else would I pay the bills? :confused:

#35     Jun 8, 2003
  6. fyi: There's no reason to experience significant mental declines as you age. I'm 43 and I believe that I am learning music and trading at almost the same rate that I would have 20 years ago. The only thing that slows me down is having a preschooler (and I wouldn't trade him for a million shares of anything...) and a demanding career .

You take care of your brain the same way you take care of your heart. If one is healthy, the other almost for sure is as well. If you want to burn out at 40, then just eat like the typical American. I know, I work in IT and the typical 40 year old cannot bear the thought of learning a new O/S, platform or language. (Google Okinawan Diet, Mediterranean Diet, etc.)

I've been trading for a couple years and have just learned how to be consistently profitably in the last six months.

#36     Jun 8, 2003
  7. Great to hear. I would love to trade for the rest of my life.

#37     Jun 8, 2003
  8. Same here!

#38     Jun 8, 2003
  9. U didn't know what a pussy looked like - With --22-- ? :confused:

It's because if you have an IQ of 182, you can learn up to 4.5-6 times faster than the average (IQ100) person.

That's why I've already got 24 years of trading experience. And I'm only 22. :D

~Scientist

#39     Jun 8, 2003
  10. 47 this year.

Started selling and investing in mutual funds in '83. Started trading on my own in '88 or '89. In '00 was able to start trading full time and doubled my first big account in five months. Then I traded against the '00 election cycle and almost blew out that account. Since then I have traded on and off but always going forward. Wrote three articles for Futures magazine in 2002 and that fueled my interest in trading them. Have been paper trading and doing some live trading of index futures on and off since then.

Bruce

#40     Jun 8, 2003