How often do you update your trading strategies?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by CaliforniaKid23, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Hello....if anyone has been trading for more than year: how often and to what degree do the markets change? and did you have to change your trading strategies/system? - if yes - were they major changes like moving to a different market or creating a new strategy or just small changes like reducing/increasing your stops & targets, etc.

and also...any predictions or theories based on logic / reasoning of what the markets will be like in the near future (1 to 5 years)? and do u expect any regulations in the futures market?

2. I change my rules every day, at least once a day, sometimes several times a day, sometimes I change my rules several times within one hour. One of the many reasons for the frequent changes is that my interpretation of my own rules changes from time to time, and I want to make the rules fit my interpretation. In other words, the rules may not be defective, but my understanding changes. On certain days I promised not to change my rules again, but then I looked at the rules and had to make some changes. It's almost compulsive. :p