How often do you talk about politics outside of this forum

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bearice, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Question is simple enough. How often do you talk about politics outside of this and other forums? I include to friends, family, co-workers, Facebook, Twitter, personal blogs, etc.

2. Ricter

Ricter

Not much. The wife does not care for it. It's not appropriate, except very briefly, at work. At the dinner table with guests, or at the pub, no way--getting sucked into politics or religion is a good way to spoil an evening. My grandparents were right in their advice on arguing about these in company, and probably their grandparents told them the same.

3. None.

I prefer drinking beer and waving my hands in the air like I just don't care while dancing to Nelly's, "Hot In Herre"!

4. Good advice.

5. Basically never. It's an annoying and lame topic of conversation, no upside, just downside.

6. Mav88

Mav88

Bearice, I'm not a cheater and I resent you trying to bait me. Only with you baby, only with you.

I noticed you took a sabbatical, I assume a worldly man like you went to Thailand and scored some u know what with you know who.

7. I think Marc Faber lives in Thailand.

I have forwarded the information I post here to CEO who manages about $2 Trillion.

Why do some people think I post in forums only?

8. Mav88

Mav88

So you are cheating on me with Marc Faber? Well you two timing POS, I want a divorce.

We'll have to split ET 50/50. You get shit chat, feedback, hook up (of course), and order execution. I get Politics and Religion, trading (useless to you anyway), economics, and wall street.

we'll let out attorneys fight over the rest.

9. Unless you're having a political debate viewing party, politics and religion are not good conversation topics. Somebody said earlier, and I completely agree, politics and religion are a good way to spoil an evening.