How often do you rebalance ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by luisHK, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Mifar

Mifar

It is not just about the returns but also about the time you invest and the cost of rebalancing. So, ideally three months, unless the balance has moved more than 15% either way.

#21     Mar 16, 2018
    Handle123 likes this.
  2. Handle123

Handle123

I never rebalance, have enough in Trading Plan that will signal time areas where expected decline should happen in which case time to use options or Futures Indexes to hedge the possible decline. All my long stocks pays dividends, so it is pointless for me to get and rebalance an uptrending stock for sake of rebalancing, this makes little sense to me. The way I see it, brokerages make money when you buy/sell, Vanguard is a mutual fund company and most of them will rid the losers end of the month and buy different stock to get their "numbers" looking better.

#22     Mar 16, 2018
  3. That`s right Bud. Buy hold or Sell Hold is the ideal or method expected of yer - whilst trading these Derivative at A Consistent Profit. By moving the position you are simply exposing yourself to more danger - As of the trend reversals which are at frequent levels which are neither Marked Out on your Chart anyway. One is left in hope by adjusting one position.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    #23     Mar 16, 2018
  4. Handle123

Handle123

Well, bud, you are closed minded and lack abilities of risk management, I am still long 23 stocks from 2009 of Dow 30 and have added onto all of them thoughout. All my back testing proves to me that buying low dividend stocks and sell options on both sides way to do consistently well with hardly any drawdown as am hedged so acct goes up then as well. So drawdown low and risk very low. SO bud when you have 40 years experience like me, give a holler and you come around to my thinking that taxes are cheaper than quick profits and loss of gaps but hey you have more fees.

#24     Mar 16, 2018
  5. tomorton

tomorton

Well done. I wish, I wish.
    I wish I had understood trend-following and pyramiding in 2009. I would have retired by 2012.

#25     Mar 16, 2018
    lovethetrade likes this.
  6. What you are saying is that you are not selling stock - Because you like to take advantage of overnight Libra which is paying you interest - Is that it ? And why are you still Long Dow30 when all indications show that the Derivative as accomplished Present Monthly Chart Cycle Highs - And is about to head Low as in There has been A Chance In Price Direction than Bud. - If your risk management techniques are of such great astonishment & ability.

#26     Mar 17, 2018