How often do you develop new trades? What do you do in between?

Discussion in 'Luxury and Lifestyle' started by nooby_mcnoob, Aug 20, 2019.

1. (Not sure if this is the best place to post this question)

Over the last 3-4 months, I have been developing a new trade which has recently gone live and is doing as well as I expected so far. I've narrowed it down to two buttons, one that "dings" and enables itself when the opportunity is available:

upload_2019-8-20_14-47-39.png

I'm exhausted. It was a lot of work. Fortunately, I do not need to do any sort of consulting anymore. I still have 3 other sources of passive income (real estate, dividends and an online business) and my only goal was to match one of these with trading, which I have done so far.

I have other trades in mind that I could develop but because I am exhausted, I do not want to do it. I imagine doing it in six months hence is likely if I recover.

This leads to my next problem... I have never in my life had so much time on my hands. I have no idea what to do. Literally... My oldest is grown, she's basically independent. The youngest is becoming more independent. The dog sleeps when she isn't chasing a Frisbee.

I feel uncomfortable spending profits at this point, though I sweep excess out to a second account. I would like to have this situation running for another 6 months before I feel comfortable.

I thought I should build a gym in my basement and become swole. This is probably #1

Any suggestions? What do you guys do?

2. easymon1

easymon1

Two button control panel rocks, congrats.

It's above and beyond the call, but you never know if you don't ask, so here goes.

What does your toolbox consist of.
    eg.
    software required
    software features of special importance and value
    data source
    programming 'language(s)'
    of the above what would you keep, what would you change
    What am i not asking
    thanks, and again, congrats!

You might consider spending an hour in the central area of an old folks home. Call ahead, bring a deck of cards, listen a lot. There are characters of all stripes there. You may find that you return or visit a few other venues and brighten the day of all involved.

3. tomorton

tomorton

I only check markets twice a day to set orders or exit positions. I might set 4-5 new orders on forex and exit 2-3 positions. In between there is -
    Nordic walking
    cycling
    hiking
    watching films
    theatre
    learning (art, architecture, history, politics, economics, Shakespeare etc.)
    PC games
    meals out
    photography
    chess
    travel
    rumpy-pumpy
    etc.

4. Check my "Developing Spartan" thread https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/developing-spartan.329462/

easymon1 likes this.
  5. Thank you for this most excellent list Tom!

6. easymon1

easymon1

7. wartrace

wartrace

Buy a property and you'll never run out of shit to do. :D

8. speedo

speedo

Cure cancer and feed the hungry children.