How Obama views the Stock Market

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Feb 29, 2012.

1. Max E.

Max E.

[​IMG]

2. "Things look great," Obama declared. "Why, if I wasn't president, I'd be buying stock myself."

------ :cool:

3. pspr

pspr

LOL. I don't think Obama knows anything about the stock market other than that it exists and fluctuates.

4. [​IMG]

5. Max E.

Max E.

We are about to learn something here.... do you think Obama is the cause of the sharp move up in the stock market?

6. I know you're just waiting to try to discredit the success of the market under his Presidency just like every other good thing he has done but I wont play along

7. Max E.

Max E.

Not really.....

I was just waiting for you to say that Obama was the cause of the Sharp upturn in the market, because if you believe that then you also have to believe that he was responsible for the sharp upturn in the price of commodities....

Anyone who has been in this business for any length of time knows that commodities are tracking the market right now, so in order for you to think Obama made the market go up, you would also have to believe that Obama was responsible for the doubling of the price of Oil, and every single other commodity doubling under his watch...

So its your choice my friend, you can continue to think Obama made the stock market double, but in that case, you would have to be under the impression that he made the price of every single commodity double as well..... In which case he is just destroying the dollar, and the price of everything is going up.....

Here is an excercise, throw up a chart of SPY/GLD,(SandP denominated in Gold) and see just how much the stock market has really gone up.....

Personally i give Bubble Ben credit for that, but if you want to give Obama credit for destroying purchasing power of US consumers, go right ahead......

8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Said it a hundred times. The market going up or down is not Obama's doing. It is Bernanke, and that's it.

True, Obama reappointed Bubble Ben, but that's about all you can hold him accountable for when it comes to the market.

9. Max E.

Max E.

Its funny cause the left seems to think that Obama is Jesus, and he can walk on water, and make the stock market double, without dragging the price of commodities with him, and without devaluing the dollar..... The price of oil is someone else (Bush's) fault.... :D

When in reality this whole move in commodities/stocks is because of Bernanke, and the destruction of the dollar.....

10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Yep. Only the uneducated believe otherwise.

#10     Mar 1, 2012