How not to get your post deleted

Discussion in 'Events' started by aphexcoil, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Amazingly, ET does a great job of policing itself. I generally get a heads up from another user when they see a potential problem. A moderator can't be everywhere at once, so it is a big help when other users clue us in.

However, I wanted to address this to a few certain people who come to ET and post a message similar to this:

-----------------------------------

User: Joe Anderson

"Hey guys, there is this new brokerage place called Anderson Trading (http://www.AndersonTrading.com). I was wondering what you guys thought about this firm? Have you heard anything about it?"

---------------------------------

Now, perhaps Mr. Anderson has good intentions and he really wants to know about this firm. However, this is his first post and he already has provided the firm's name, url address and sometimes even a contact e-mail!

So why would this post get deleted? If you come to ET and post something like that as your first post, it is 99.999% probable that you're plugging YOUR company.

You can plug your company all you want on ET! So long as you PAY to do it. There are other firms on Elite Trader who are paying cash for the right to plug their firms -- if you'd like to do it, then contact Baron. However, don't bother asking, "Hey why was my post deleted?!" You know why!

2. aphie,

you guys do a great job of keeping ET enjoyable, and keeping the clowns like that guy away.

keep it up!

(and why did you delete my "moderate this, bitch!" post???) :confused:

:D

3. What are you talking about????

I know Joe Anderson...Good Guy and a great trader , he ran one of my Shill securities branches on Long Island....Leave him alone !:mad:

4. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

Bye Bye "Joe Anderson" and dont let the door hit you on the way out ....

5. Well done, Aphie.

6. You're a better moderator than Magna. She's horrible.

7. Magna

Magna Administrator

Uh oh, looks like gotta_trade has his panties in a twist. It was a private matter between us, but like most children he needs to air his dirty laundry in public. :(

8. Magna, you really gotta calm down. Slow down little person. Got it.

9. Girls, girls ......

...You are BOTH pretty ok????

10. btw, you should calm down because i sw you take a shat at "her" on another thread as well...come on man...its just a CHAT board......Ok where is Inandlong???

#10     Aug 22, 2003