How nice are people on elitetrader vs other forums

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sky123987, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Humpy

Humpy

Why not get stuck in buddy and become a regular arsehole ?

Amongst the chaff there is some wheat

#11     Jul 20, 2009
  2. Yeah but who wants wheat when you can eat meat?

#12     Jul 20, 2009
  3. People are the same everywhere. The only thing that determines how rude or nice people can get, is the policy of forum admins and mods. Here at ET, I think the rules are more lax as far as insults and curses goes.

#13     Jul 20, 2009
  4. ET is the closest thing I have found to resemble a trading floor. No one is assembled for a picnic.

A long time ago, I used to spend time every trading day on the ET chat - about a year. You get to know a few ETers, who is smart and who is an ass and does not give a crap. The experience was completely different.

I recall Banjo and Macal* (Maverick* and Surf) as human :) ... Among others (many who no longer post at ET :(

#14     Jul 20, 2009
  5. I'm sorry your thread got shuffled off to chit-chat, but I guess that is to be expected when you start trashing the membership of the website that you are on (LOL, maybe management thinks you're the asshole, Sky123987). :D

You see, they've provided plenty of tools that you can use when there is someone who posts something that you don't want to hear, hell, you can just IGNORE them, if nothing else.

And if you know that certain FORUMS tend to be rife with hatred, racisms of all types, bashing of religions and philosophical differences, and those types of things upset you, just don't go there.

And in the worst case scenario, it actually is pretty easy for you to log on to the virtual highway and travel to another website (which is nicer, kinder, gentler ... and extremely boring as all get out). Certainly far, far easier than it is for someone to go to another physical location, or to get another job rather than deal with a situation that they are not comfortable with.

So if you don't like it here ... the answer is simple, just pack your shit and go. :cool:

#15     Jul 20, 2009
  6. Another thread tossed to chit chat, so much for meaningful discussion to dev.

Mods :confused:

#16     Jul 20, 2009
  7. The thread is a not so subtle form of advertising for other trading websites.

While the management at ET might give us a long-leash in terms of how we conduct ourselves with other, they don't tolerate any BS when it comes to taking care of their business ... none at all. :cool:

#17     Jul 20, 2009
  8. I actually think ET is the leading venue for civilized discourse, if you take into account that at any given time 95% of players(members) are losing money.

#18     Jul 20, 2009
  9. Yea, but at least they back it up with statistics. :)

#19     Jul 20, 2009
  10. Baron

Baron ET Founder

That's correct :D

#20     Jul 20, 2009