How much $ you trading with?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Vinny Gigante, Jan 11, 2003.

1. lescor

lescor

Why? Do you think it's not possible to trade for a living with under $100k? There is huge leverage available to lots of traders on this board. Plus many prop guys don't put up any money, so they are really trading with zero money of their own.

#11     Jan 12, 2003
  2. Another thing you could add to the poll is if you are profitable. That way we could see if your account size played in determining your succes rate.

I'd hazard a guess that those in the 'less than 25k' and '25k to 100k' would only have a profitable 30%-40% whilst those in the higher brackets, particularly the over 500k, would show a far greater % of profitable traders.

It would be interesting to see.

#12     Jan 12, 2003
  3. I've put most of my funds in bonds, preferred stocks, and municipal bond funds to generate income and then do most of my trading on margin. The current cost of margin funds is 2-3% less than the yield on my other funds so for now this strategy is working OK. Of course the whole thing blows up if I'm overextended at a time of rapidly rising interest rates.

#13     Jan 12, 2003
  4. seems like every time I put out a softball, daniel takes the bait.

It's like he's mr. Ed , and i'm putting mustard on his gums, and he replies on cue!

Talk about a puppet show!

=========

Please don't misrepresent yourselves here, folks. I do have a hard time believing 15% are trading with over 500K.

The % of traders with over 500K SHOULD BE lower than the % for 101k to 500K, if people tell the truth. But maybe it wll be in the end. I've taken statistics, and its an improbable thing that there are more D's than C's.

Vinny

I'm just representing, not misrepresenting.

#14     Jan 12, 2003
  5. GD2KNO

GD2KNO

Can not speak for everyone else, but I voted honestly.

I found you do NOT need a great deal of cash to get going, if you traveling down the right road.

Find a system, back test it (or see a history), test yourself to stay with it for at least 21 days, then invest money in it if everything tested out correctly

There is big money out there for those willing to do the work and have the patience and perserverence to reach it.

Best of luck

#15     Jan 12, 2003
  6. babak, you're in the "less than 25K" category, so no cheatin!

#16     Jan 14, 2003