How much would you pay?

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by VolAlgo1, May 21, 2018.

1. Turveyd

Turveyd

I do 25% per week, actually in a few hours so £0.00 for me!!!

I'd need 100K GBP to barely make a full time living at 15%. I'm kinda 98K short of that.

#21     May 22, 2018
  2. dextor

dextor

Isn't this revealing their strategies? Why would a trader want to reveal their strategy only to risk having the someone stealing it?

#22     May 22, 2018
  3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Basic detail not the data set or values that make it unique. No one will invest or put up money without know what they are risking their money on.

#23     May 22, 2018
    dextor and Xela like this.
  4. dextor

dextor

I reckon when they request for trading statements / P&L statements, you will mask off some details. But how does one get audited without revealing the trades and statements?

#24     May 22, 2018
  5. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Pay a CPA.

#25     May 22, 2018
    dextor likes this.
  6. VolAlgo1

VolAlgo1

Sorry Bob, I was not talking about myself at all.I would never do that here, of all places lol.It was purely hypothetical.

#26     May 22, 2018
  7. VolAlgo1

VolAlgo1

Not saying that the 25% is guaranteed.Just saying that from previous peformance that would be a good ballpark figure.No PL can ever be guaranteed.

#27     May 22, 2018
  8. No investor with any common sense would risk trusting someone to manage his money until the manager has a proven track record. That is, "long enough resuts with big enough money". That includes independent audits.

I have personal experience here. Trust me on this.

#28     May 22, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  9. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

In my experiance, individual investors will accept a verifiable track record backed by monthly statements. Any allocator that is a fiduciary for others (Fund of fund, family office, etc) , will require a longer track record and an independent audit. The exception would be funds that focus on seed capital for a part ownership in the GP. They have a more entrepreneurial process and some will look at just back testing if the trader has a unique data set or process that fills a bucket they are looking to invest in.

Bob

#29     May 22, 2018
  10. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

"Word." And it can easily impact/degrade both your trading and your development. :confused:

#30     May 22, 2018