How much would you pay someone to learn how to trade?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by SizesTrader, Apr 12, 2006.

1. bitrend

bitrend

How much would you pay someone to learn how to trade?

You pay him with your respect, your admiration, your gratitude and your forever thankfulness. Because he doesn't need money from you. That value he can find in the Market but the values stated above he cannot find anywhere, just from you.

#11     Apr 12, 2006
  2. "You pay him with your respect, your admiration, your gratitude and your forever thankfulness. Because he doesn't need money from you. That value he can find in the Market but the values stated above he cannot find anywhere, just from you."

Pure propaganda.

#12     Apr 12, 2006
  3. Quark

Quark

Agree with "nothing". You'll pay your tuition with losses.

#13     Apr 12, 2006
  4. Precisely...

#14     Apr 12, 2006
  5. or pay HER :)

-Stacy

#15     Apr 12, 2006
  6. jem

jem

candletrader giving it away. I prefer when you make posts that are not true.

#16     Apr 12, 2006
  7. Hehe... :cool:

#17     Apr 13, 2006
  8. Excuse me, I really should go to sleep, but for some reason I cannot. So I will post this and pay for it later I am sure :)

The "truth" of the matter is that candletrader is more right than he knows. A sharp professional (I would like to think I am a sharp pro) would use both the setups that he outlines. Buying pullbacks and selling the failures. This is called diversifying and as I recall, it was covered quite nicely by Acrary in some of his posts.

Since most of you folks will not take the 5 min necessary to research the subject let me make it crystal clear.

1. If you have the mental focus and discipline to handle the first setup (buying pullbacks on a trend day), then all you have to do is add the second "half" of the system (selling the failure/retracement).

2. The best way to do this is to have two accounts (one long one short). The benefit is that you are maintaining an extended presence in the market, so you have a good chance of catching some of the bigger moves.

3. On the negative side, IF you don't have a good risk management plan, you are going to go broke twice as fast.

4. On the negative side, IF you aren't properly capitalized, ODDS ARE that you will go broke sooner or later.

As always, I recommend that you TEST before you start throwing money at the problem. But hey this is ET, who tests when you can just start trading and then spend the rest of your day bitching and moaning about how hard it is to make money (while you go broke).

Good night

Steve

#18     Apr 13, 2006
  9. duard

duard

FWIW I would think 5k is very cheap and certainly worth it if you found someone willing to help you out.

What do you call a student with one black eye... poor listener.

What do you call a student with 2 black eyes... slow learner.

In this business the black eyes would be blown accounts.

#19     Apr 13, 2006
  10. Hey Brother steve46

I posted in a tongue-in-cheek manner a post with a serious underlying basis...

Nevertheless, human nature being what it is, many struggling traders will probably think "trading can't be this simple, there has got to be more to it than this"...

I will re-iterate to the struggling traders that the process of trading IS damn simple... the human mind and the games it plays is what makes trading 'difficult'...

Candle

#20     Apr 13, 2006