How much would you pay for professional trading classes?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by diputs, May 19, 2006.

1. I agree Murray, I am getting pretty good at TA skills, but I am having a real challenge executing with every trade set up now that I am trading with real money.

I think people should back and forward test their method, take copious notes during the day and spend the rest of your money on books on trading psychology.

#21     May 20, 2006
  2. Qwerty

Qwerty

For those that are downplaying professional mentoring services, let's be honest here, think for a moment, if someone from the public wants to become an accountant, engineer, or an attorney, etc.. what is the standard route that people take? the majority enroll in a school to be educated, a community college, university, etc. Is trading any different? clearly not.

It's understandable that a new trader might consider the services of a mentor. Unfortunately, many new traders do not have the luxury of having a family member or a friend that is professional trader who can teach them. Many are drawn to trading because riches beyond a typical paying job can be possible. The unfortunate reality is that some so called professional mentors, teachers, exploit the public's desire to become wealthy.

Many well known traders today attribute their success to a mentor. Professional mentoring services provide an important service, however, some charge a considerable amount of money that may be construed as fraudulent by many, which would prompt any reasonable person to investigate more deeply.

You have a tough decision to make diputs, $36,000 for a limited number of sessions is steep. I would shop around for a better bargain.

#22     May 20, 2006
  3. Let us be clear. If you are paying your "mentor" then he is not, in fact, a mentor. He is just a vendor or a supplier. A true mentor does not have a client relationship with his protege. A true protege does not pay a mentor in order to be..."mentored." The reason these vendors like the term "mentor" is because it sounds more personal and sincere. That is just varnished bullshit.

#23     May 20, 2006
  4. I think one of the best ways to learn trading is to get any of the top chart reading books and study the chart patterns. Trade everyday and watch the patterns develop in the charts. Eventually your mind will have an easier time recognizing those patterns.

To sum it up, the more practice you get the more your trading will improve.

#24     May 20, 2006
  5. DO NOT PAY

Floor traders will not give you any relevant advice on how to trade a retail options account. Look in the futures arena. Are any floor traders from the CME or CBOT still dominating the markets now that they are electronic? NO!!!

RUN RUN RUN

Or better yet I live in Chicago. I have roughly 8 years experience trading futures. I will answer any of your questions if you buy me breakfast at Lou Mitchells!

#25     May 20, 2006
  6. buzz

buzz

wrong thread sorry

#26     May 20, 2006
  7. This is not the first ( and the last) thread about this subject. Why such a skepticism when its come to pay for trading education ? ( like for most of the staff in life).
    Once I owned an auto F/C , I was out 200k , personally signed for 10 year lease , had to pay 8% royalty fee ( from GROSS) before I saw first customer ! But I guess this was "normal" .

#27     May 20, 2006
  8. buzz

buzz

Ok then, would you pay some guy $9,000 for his method, if he showed you his live trades for 1 month, of 1 to 3 trades a day in a 3 hour time scale? and making 70 to 100 points a week.

#28     May 20, 2006
  9. agreed....experience is the only teacher,IMO.Depending on what you plan on trading you might want to look into Todd Mitchell.
    www.tmitchell.com.
    Relitively inexpensive,under 2K,unlimited support,with a 30 day money back guarantee if you don`t like what you see.Really minimal risk compared to some of these sick #`s i`m seeing here.
    I can speak from experience.......was making average returns,winning approx 10 trading days a mo. out of 20.......out of curiosity i checked it out bearing in mind the $ back guarantee & it took my trading to a whole new level.....i implemented it to my methodolygy immediately & started showing results.Now i expect to win 16 to 17 days a month.I just don`t want to see you get screwed by these jokers whom prey on the uneducated players whom search for the holy grail.......it does`nt exist.
    Pristine is another i can highly vouch for..................good luck & buyer beware!

BTW,todd is based on price action on S&P`s,Dow Futures & can be applied to any market or time frame.

#29     May 20, 2006
  10. I understand..it was a neat statement.

#30     May 20, 2006