How much would it cost to open a Prop Firm Office (ie. Bright Trading Affiliate)

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by CoolTraderDude, May 8, 2012.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yes I am Don, but hanging around traders is very depressing. Even when I lived in NY and hung out with 7 figure earners, they were notoriously negative. Everyone was trying to screw them, their firm, their government, their ex-wife, etc. Now all I hear is the Fed this the Fed that, HFT's suck, PPT, you name it. Seriously Don, the unprofitable traders are usually happier because ignorance is bliss right? But trust me Don, I use to hang with guys in NY that routinely took home 100k a day. And they were anything but upbeat and happy. Now guys are just unhappy in general about the HFT's and the government.

#61     May 15, 2012
  2. Well, sure, we're all "unhappy" about HFT's, and even though we have Dennis and others to thanks for helping us overcome the obstacles, or at least help out a bit, nothing to become actually "miserable" about, just part of our business.

I know where you're coming from, and even back in the floor trading days, we had "some guys" who always complained, even though they were top money earners. I was told that this "condition" comes from the fact that some people don't think they deserve the life of a trader, and must act miserable around others, in fear that they would be admonished by others for their success. An odd thing to be sure, but I still think that good trades are basically happy, maybe trying to disguise it.

Now get back to work, LOL.

Don:)

Nothing to argue about, that's for sure my friend.

#62     May 15, 2012
  3. Not really... It comes from the fact that their +100K winning days are usually offset by their -150K losing days! :D

Sure Don’s a salesman… but to be fair he also trades. AND as far as prop owners go he’s probably the most legit that’s why I don’t want to bash him.

#63     May 15, 2012
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

I'm not bashing him, I just don't think "most" traders are happy people. I live in Chicago, the traders capital of the world, so I run into a trader like one would run into an actor in LA. I also lived in NY for two years and knew plenty of traders there. It's very hard to find happy traders. They generally are perma-bears, anti-government and in some cases end of worlders.

Hell, I was just in NY last month on a trading floor of a competitors of Don's and somebody on CNBC came on TV and was bullish and the entire room started screaming at them!!!! They also were talking about more QE and the room exploded in rage. Yeah, happy group of guys. Really really happy. Puppy dogs and ice cream. :)

#64     May 15, 2012
  5. ...LOL...:D

Once I made fun of a guy who was losing big and he threw his coffee mug at me...! :eek: Didn't hit me though...!:D Happens more often than you'd think...

#65     May 15, 2012
  6. dv4632

dv4632

... and here I was thinking it might be cool to live in Chicago where I could meet and network with other traders. Maybe not! LOL

#66     May 15, 2012
  7. Mabul Water Bungalows

Pom Pom Resort

Kapalai Dive Resort

#67     May 16, 2012
  8. you should be happy you didn't meet Lewis Borsellino, he for sure wouldn't miss the "target" he he, though he is a nice guy.

#68     May 16, 2012