how much will you pay for a trading subscription service

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by trc4949, Jun 7, 2012.

what is the maximum annual amount you will pay for trading subscription service

1. 5000

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. 3000

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 1200

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. 600

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  5. 500

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  6. 400

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 300

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  8. 200

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  9. 100

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  10. 50

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  1. ammo

ammo

how much is your time worth, if you did the fib work yourself you would learn so much more watching it along with the tools you are now using,that education is worth far more than anything you could buy

#41     Jun 7, 2012
  2. Yeah, I have that Gartley plug-in for MT4 as well. It was free and I don't use it.

#42     Jun 7, 2012
  3. ammo

ammo

if i offered 30 days free,you would know everything i knew,trading's not that hard,subscription services are there for failed guys to take new guys money, all the info they say they have can be found free on the net

#43     Jun 7, 2012
  4. This makes me laugh.

well done.

#44     Jun 7, 2012
  5. Yes, you want to maximize along the demand curve, but also think about the logistics of handling a large subscriber base vs. a small one. If you're going to be a one-man operation, providing support for 1,000 customers is a lot harder than providing it for 100 customers. Sure, the marginal cost of producing 900 more electronic copies of a newsletter is practically zero, but the cost of supporting that extra 900 customers is potentially massive.

#45     Jun 7, 2012
  6. You should probably base the amount of time offered free on the number of trades. At the end of the day, no one reads those things for macro-analysis, of which there is more than enough to read for free online. They read them for trade recommendations. Earlier on, you were talking about 4 or 5 set-ups per year. That means that the likelihood of one occurring even in a 60-day window is, at best, 50/50.

Over time, you could mitigate this by having a full archive available to trial subscribers, who could then do their due diligence on you even during a relatively slow period for actual trades.

#46     Jun 7, 2012
  7. You can't write a check for what you do not believe in and I do not believe. The number is ZERO!

#47     Jun 7, 2012
  8. Absolutely Zero!

Name one insanely good trader that makes good trading calls on a daily basis with timely entries stops and exits in a liquid enough market.

They don't exist!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#48     Jun 7, 2012
  9. Make it $1 a month and get only 100,000 subscribers....soo easy with an amount that low.

then hire customer service from india.....

then work 80 hours week studying the markets...but u make 100k a month so it's good, hard work

then give them tons of free stuff

then charge $2 and make tons more...

or a funnier idea.

send 1/2 the subs a BUY letter

and 1/2 a SELL letter.

half will think you are smart.

#49     Jun 7, 2012
  10. Think of the man hours it took for Baron to develop ET. No trading skill needed but countless coding and admin man-hours. Now consider that you really don't need any coding ability, but anyone trading since '94 should not need to market some (sorry) lame fibo site. If you're good there will always been an order of mag more cash in independent trading and/or managing OPM.

I've done some consulting on the side on structuring, but never selling the signals. It's simply not good business. You wouldn't even be considering this if you were profitable.

#50     Jun 7, 2012