how much will you pay for a trading subscription service

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by trc4949, Jun 7, 2012.

what is the maximum annual amount you will pay for trading subscription service

1. 5000

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. 3000

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 1200

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. 600

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  5. 500

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  6. 400

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 300

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  8. 200

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  9. 100

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  10. 50

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  1. trc4949

trc4949

I sort of agree... but my take on most of these subscription services is that 99% of them are focused on focusing on the trees instead of the forest. They want traders to focus on the day to day hype and then readily collect their monthly FEE and bank it.

I suppose it really comes down to preference and strategy... one could focus on day trading making daily trades and then getting X% total return on annual basis..

or one could focus on week to week swing trading for X% total return per year..

or one could focus on a few big patterns per year for X% return per year...

for example ( see image attachement to this post) :

I propose that the Euro ETF FXE has bottomed between 125.21 and 124.30 as a result of a perfect gartley buy pattern...

of course no guarantee, but the downside risk is limited and defined with a stop at 124.30

and so several of these types of big patterns per year has to be worth at least $100 a year ?!?

• fxe.jpg
      File size:
      85.3 KB
      Views:
    #21     Jun 7, 2012
  2. trc4949

trc4949

I think most traders do not focus on gartley, butterfly, bat, or crab fibonacci patterns for the simple reason that they are too complicated and time consuming to identify...

most traders focus on oscillators, volume, trendlines etc etc..., nothing wrong with that, but they could get a huge edge with Fib patterns..

#22     Jun 7, 2012
  3. trc4949

trc4949

Yes but even if 30 to 40 DO blow up.......

that is OK if one takes out of the with very tight stop losses...

and then the 5 other patterns turn into 20 to 50% profit winners...

could lead to consistent profits over time...

#23     Jun 7, 2012
  4. heywally

heywally

I believe I'd go zero also.

All of this info is now available, with a little experience and some work, for nothing.

#24     Jun 7, 2012
  5. See, that's the other thing. If you only charge $100/year, I'm going to be likely to think the service is worth less than that, i.e. it's basically worthless.

For some things, the higher the price, the more acceptance among the target segment.

Again, to say how I would do it, I'd even consider saying that you only want traders who are trading a minimum amount of size and then you base the fees off of that size and keep out the small fry. You can charge more that way and your subscribers will be a better caliber of trader as well.

So, if you go the $100/year route, your going to have some really small traders as your only likely subscribers. Anyone else will write you off.

#25     Jun 7, 2012
  6. I can, you should try reading posts about trading videos and reports....

#26     Jun 7, 2012
  7. Personally, its all about the execution for me.

#27     Jun 7, 2012
  8. trc4949

trc4949

thanks for this point. But I don't believe there is any guarantee offered by any investment letter, tv investment show, or mutual fund.... this is a risk business... anything can go wrong at any time...

Are there services that can improve a traders advantage over time? yes sure there are... are they guaranteed to do so? probably not.

#28     Jun 7, 2012
  9. LOL. Do you mean like this thread?

It's somewhat interesting. Entertains a dream. But, in the end, it remains a dream.

#29     Jun 7, 2012
  10. Start your service. I would bet that you'll spend more in man-hours than you will ever recoup in subs.

5/35 winners is a 14% hit-rate. I've never heard of any successful traders earning at 14%. Maybe Paulson & Co.

#30     Jun 7, 2012