How much upside after Ben cuts?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock_trad3r, Oct 29, 2008.

How much upside after Ben cuts?

1. >5%

8 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. 2-5%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 0-2%

9 vote(s)
    16.1%
  4. No Upside, we decline from here.

39 vote(s)
    69.6%
  1. Well, the market moved down 2.5% after the cut, so it looks like your prediction is off by 7.5%. At least Web 2.0 (whatever that may be) is still there.

#31     Oct 29, 2008

2. LOL

I hope you cashed in back before the close mate, as te last minute sell off over 300points down on barley 1minute!! :D :p

I cant believe how beautiful and lovely the markets have been recently, what we need is so soo many more economic disasters, and then huge oil bubbles, just to have them crash!! :D

The amount of free money just floating around now is incredible!! :D :p

Now holding sells on oil for the overnight, as hopefully its just gna follow dow down.

#32     Oct 29, 2008
  3. I wonder who were the 6 people who voted that the market will go up more than 5%?

#33     Oct 29, 2008
  4. trkarl

trkarl

Stock trad3rs other screen names?

#34     Oct 29, 2008
  5. For my own credit there was a rally exactly 45 minutes b4 the close like I said there would be, except that it got dumped so I was wrong in the end. Whoop dee doo. Virtually all the gains from yesterday are locked in, and more econ data is due later this week (which will be better than expected)

#35     Oct 29, 2008
  6. Haha...so you were right, but then you were wrong..
    Unless you exited after those 45 minutes, in my order book, that means you were wrong...

Just spare thyself dude!
    Buy stocks when the Dow is at 1000...
    Then you will only have to ride down 1000 more points..

Gracious...I hope you really are just playin and don't ACTUALLY think/trade/invest this way...

This is what suicides are made of!

What's the definition of insanity?

#36     Oct 29, 2008
  7. Just how long are you going to run your rant up and down ET declaring BULL, BULL, BULL, only to be wrong again and again and again. Eventually you will be right and then ET will never hear the end of it. Only problem.....there's no mention of the 50+% drawdown in your account, or the losses you are accumulating trying to buy in and out of this.

You are not a trader, you are a buy and Hoper. Traders do not make predictions, and they go short as often as they go long. They trade what happens and they don't particularly care if the market goes up or down. You are not even remotely close to anything that even resembles someone who wants to be a trader. I won't put you on ignore because you are just too amusing. I hope you never leave. ET is great for a good laugh and you are at the top of the list.

Just think about how much money you could have made being short these momo's. All you had to do was trade what happens rather than giving us all a good laugh with your predictions. Perhaps a new handle is in order? "stock_buy_and_hop3r?" What a character you are.....

#37     Oct 29, 2008
  8. I think long term. I do use short term trading indicators such as technical analysis (I was one of the first to point out the rising wedge & upside breakout for the indexes a few weeks ago), but my ultimate strategy is longer term. I am as bullish now as I was back in June 2007 b4 any news of credit and subprime. Yea that sounds stupid after a 35% decline in the market (from the very peak BTW, yoy the market is down much less), but in a year from now we'll see where we stand.

#38     Oct 29, 2008
  9. My advice to stock_trad3r is as follows:

1)Get some books on technical analysis. Technical analysis teaches people to rely on objective things instead of personal opinions. When someone says RIMM should go to 70 and above when it is currently trading in the high 40s one is expressing AN OPINION. For RIMM to go to 70 there should be CONTINUOUS buying of that stock by OTHER people and OTHER people may have opinions VASTLY different from yours. Looking at a chart grounds you to reality.

2) Stop being a cheerleader for US economy. US economy long term is incredibly flawed for several reasons: Peak OIl (long term)
    2. Imperial delusions 3. Financial alchemy. When college students come out of college loaded with student debt (and some credit cards) how are they supposed to be engines that power the economy?

3)Don't trade stocks, either trade options, futures, forex. It takes significantly more skill to trade either of the aforementioned instruments but the profit potential is far superior to straight stock trading.

#39     Oct 29, 2008
  10. No. It IS and you ARE if you cant see that.

#40     Oct 29, 2008