How much time do you spend trading ?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by booyah, Aug 9, 2007.

1. I love Ipanema. Going to visit in '08.

#21     Aug 9, 2007
  2. PhiliC

PhiliC

I was wondering what got you so riled up.? don't take it so personaly Mr. Ipanama or what-ever that place is where you hale from. I couldn't handle CNBC 4 2 minutes... that's real garbage.

Did they interview Joe batapaglia today for his great insights? How about abby cohen. Yuk...

My focus is on attacking when the odds are in my favor. CNBC isn't going to help w/ that.

BTW - I love the brazilian woman. I'm jealous now because I'm not trading down there. The db comment also wasn't very nice.

#22     Aug 9, 2007
  3. The beauty of trading is, depending on your strategies and setups you can be as involved in the markets as you want to be. You can choose to be completely immersive to the market and watch 10 markets around the clock, or take a more distant approach once you have gotten good (this becomes easier once you have a lot of capital working under you)

Anyways, the point I'm trying to make is Livermore went fishing and to Europe often.

#23     Aug 9, 2007
  4. booyah

booyah

Damn! If everyone is making money, then why all the bitterness ?

If you guys really do well with ES by early a.m. hours then that's a dream come true, but I know it'll be a lot of work to get there and have the understanding that you guys do. People have recommended Open E Cry to use and said they're DOM is good. So I'll give that a shot.

For all the early morning ES traders, what time do you guys get started Eastern Time ? How early is Pre-Market for the AM traders.

Thanks for the replies.

#24     Aug 9, 2007
  5. Surdo

Surdo

You should see the reporters on Bloomberg Brasil!

The point is, we all have different trading styles, and there is no right or wrong way of ringing the register. Some spend 4 hours a day makin' money, while others 16, if it fits your lifestyle, then it's a beautiful thing.

I am still a student of the markets, and always will be.

el surdo

#25     Aug 9, 2007
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

I disrespectfully disagree. Once you have your system, what the fuck does it take so long? Unless you have to search for stocks (I always looked down on it), what the hell takes up so much time?

Just play your set ups and in the maintime enjoy the yacht and the sunshine...

#26     Aug 9, 2007
  7. A lot of traders just cant stop. I used to be that way. I was addicted.

CajunSniper / Puretick.com Administrator-Trader

#27     Aug 14, 2007
  8. PhiliC

PhiliC

Points well taken. All that time is spent reading a blizzard of paper -- advisors, web sites, annual reports, value line, newspapers, morningstar. But that's where the edge is -- truly trying to get a grip on the large picture (macro) then taking a great variant perception trade. One of my best variant perception payoffs this year was being short sears holdings, but that was a tough one as the Eddie believers wouldn't let go of it. Most over-rated human being in history -- Eddie Lambert.

As for the trading -- my hours are spent doing the background work. trying to understand the fundamentals. Trying to understand why is a market going up, why is it going down. Are those reasons legit? Will they last? What will turn it? Getting inside of it.

That's how the money is made fellas -- not making one or two tics a day then going to the golf course.

#28     Aug 15, 2007
  9. booyah

booyah

Good Points Phil,

I guess it depends on how seriously you take it or rather you how much time you can devote to it. For some with a full-time job a couple of tics might be enough. Ideally I'd like to learn and develop a strategy and long term goal ( years from now, I'd like to do it full time) Everyone is telling me that the best thing to do would be to trade the Dax futures since its overnight, and I can still work my job. I dont know how well I"d think at 3 am, but its worth a shot.

#29     Aug 15, 2007
  10. you were trading at a funeral?

#30     Aug 15, 2007