How much time do you spend trading ?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by booyah, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Excellent analysis. A snake oil salesman, a few lemmings, and a cubicle monkey or two are not a good cross section of what successful traders expend on the markets each day. To here them tell it, anyone with $500 and an internet connection is living the dream by haphazardly putting in a mere 2-3 hours while playing on a lifelong vacation.

st

#11     Aug 9, 2007
  2. PhiliC

PhiliC

No booya your missing my point. This is my job.

Anyone who does this part time really has an uphill battle.

When I'm not trading -- I'm reading and studing what's going on in the world of finance. That may include going to web sites, reviewing the news in each market, reading analysts and advisors that I follow, newspapers, etc.... There is no end to this. Annual reports, conference calls - there is no end.

ps.. i used to be a lawyer (had my own practice) for 15 years but gave that sh...t up a while ago. I tried to make a run at trading back in the mid eighties when I was in my twenties -- but couldn't make it work. I was constantly losing $ back then -- it was very painful.

gotta go the bonds just broke and I have to get on this!!

#12     Aug 9, 2007
  3. Surdo

Surdo

That was a tepid 30 YR auction in case you were wondering what that boink was!

I doubt you knew why they sold off, while the ES was selling off.

#13     Aug 9, 2007
  4. Surdo

Surdo

You are out of line, I have been trading for over 20 YEARS, and no longer need to be glued to a screen 14 hours a day like you loser.

#14     Aug 9, 2007
  5. PhiliC

PhiliC

Is that caused it to spike down? I was wondering. Thanks. The bonds are weak anyway.

#15     Aug 9, 2007
  6. Surdo

Surdo

You are still out of line, and have no clue.
    Ever hear of the Treasury Auction?

BTW douchebag, I have 3 screens, Bloomberg and CNBC in Ipanema, which BTW is in Brazil, not Mexico.

#16     Aug 9, 2007
  7. PhiliC

PhiliC

OK -- well then you can do it your way. I have no problem w/ that. My futures trading is based on taking advantage of short term dis-equiilibiums in the market so I have to be on the screen. A lot of knowledge, feel and art goes into the way my craft is practiced. If you can make money off screen all the power to ya.

Yes I heard of the treasury auction hot shot. But I was too busy trading the break and piling on more money today to worry about the "why". I need a better news source. What's really good?

That loser comment wasn't very nice.

#17     Aug 9, 2007
  8. Assuming you are just looking to trade a small amount of contracts, the ES is plenty liquid just about all hours, and esp into the pre-market hours. Just pull up a dom and see for yourself.

#18     Aug 9, 2007
  9. I make 10x the ES range by 10am and I'm on the yacht by Noon.

#19     Aug 9, 2007
  10. Surdo

Surdo

PhiliC:

You want nice?

Those were nice comments about banging whores in Mexico you Prick.

If you had a clue, you would know the Auction was @ 1PM, a man of your stature does not have a Bloomie?

You have no idea who I trade with in Ipanema!

el surdo

#20     Aug 9, 2007