How Much Should A Trader Make?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by overload, Jan 23, 2004.

1. no kiddin'

#11     Jan 24, 2004
  2. Tell that to BG

#12     Jan 24, 2004
  3. What is that? Bar Girl:D

#13     Jan 24, 2004
  4. Bill Gates

But....hmmm... a Bar Girl would do.... :D

#14     Jan 24, 2004
  5. Well according to my financial lessons years ago, people try to maximise their profit that is close to the above answer.

But What I'm sure is that a trader must gain more than his cost to survive, that means you must ALSO minimize your numbers of trades.

the main indicator is, according to me, your net margin. The more it is constant, the lowest is your risk.

#15     Jan 24, 2004
  6. prox

prox

Based on your account size.. a small account can make 200% a year, a large account is doing well to make 30%.

#16     Jan 24, 2004
  7. #17     Jan 24, 2004
  8. lindq

lindq

After your childish, rude and completely distasteful diatribe against Christians and Christianity on Christmas eve last month, I don't think anyone here at this site could possibly be shocked by anything you have to say.

At one point your posts were a little entertaining because they were so obviously coming from a complete fool. But now they are just sad.

#18     Jan 24, 2004
  9. newtoet

newtoet

LOL. It is amazing that when someone lies and goes out of his way to offend and disrespect others, it usually comes back to him tenfold.

GG is the poster boy for this philosophy. He will never be successful with his attitude and personality. All those late nights sitting up and wondering why he is a failure, and he probably never considers this...

#19     Jan 24, 2004
  10. rgelite

rgelite

Hey, but that's a question I can answer!

Iraq has a total land and water area of 437,072 square kilometers.

:D :D :D

But seriously, overload, the terms "how much" and "should" are in the province of value judgments, so it's very difficult for anyone to answer for anyone else. When dealing with value, it's often a useful guide to ask yourself, "Of value TO WHOM?" and "For what purpose?" If you get clear on those two questions first, the details of specific answers pretty much fall into line, I've found.

To see this, reframe the questions and ask yourself, "How much sunlight should a person hope for?" For a Kansas corn farmer after 3 straight months of rain, the answer would be on one end of the spectrum. For someone surviving a plane wreck in the middle of the Sahara, the answer might be quite different. For an architect deciding on how many windows to expose north versus south for a home, the answer might be different again. Etc.

#20     Jan 24, 2004