How much one can earn daily in intraday trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by anniecalvert, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Xela

Xela

You're allowed to say it, because you're called "Nooby McNoob" (though frankly, I suspect you're starting to outlive your own username) ...[​IMG]

#31     Jan 30, 2018
  2. <3 <3 <3

I like maintaining a beginner's mindset because then I'll learn faster :) Noob 4 lyfe

#32     Jan 30, 2018
    Sprout and Xela like this.
  3. anniecalvert: How much one can earn daily in intraday trading?

#33     Jan 30, 2018
    anniecalvert likes this.
  4. comagnum

comagnum

That would depend on how much capital a trader has, how good and/or how lucky they are at the moment, their risk tolerance and of course the market conditions.

The better question is how can a trader have a sustainable and increasing income rest for the rest of their life. Even they best traders on the planet will be under water at times, some times for weeks, months, or a year or more - It's just the reality of trading.

Be weary of any gambler or day trader that talks about how much they can make in a day and how they rarely ever have a losing day.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    #34     Jan 30, 2018
  5. schweiz

schweiz

Depending on how optimistic or pessimistic you are, it will be between minus infinity and plus infinity.
    If you are however realistic the range will be a lot smaller.

#35     Jan 30, 2018
    anniecalvert and d08 like this.
  6. Expert traders should follow their back tests and forward tests with trust not get nervous about a risk they fully accepted before a trade is taken.

What you describe is not the characteristic of an expert trader.

#36     Jan 30, 2018
  7. You're probably right...it's not a characteristic of an expert trader;
    it's a characteristic of a discretionary trader. o_O

What you mentioned and described is a systematic trader.
    Discretionary traders are basically, in a sense, systematic traders...but with looser, open-minded, dynamic, bubblegum rubberband minds,

Everyone in the market, from day traders to longer term investors are nervous,....like as if they just had two or three servings of espresso.
    It's kind of impossible to be truly calm in the market. This sentence reminds me of the Seinfeld episode called The Stock Tip...Jerry was a nervous wreck, while George made a killing.

Either way, I'm not too big on labels and technicalities...I just care about bottom line performance -- and I'm content with mine,

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    #37     Jan 30, 2018
  8. If you trust your expectancy and you use sound money management, there really is no need to be nervous when placing trades even as a discretionary trader.

This is why discipline plays such an important role in this business, because the trader must learn to perform like a machine, because the machine can't do it all for you.

#38     Jan 30, 2018
    anniecalvert and schweiz like this.
  9. qlai

qlai

Dont know if this is typical, but follow this guy to get an idea. He posts his actual trades and statements.

#39     Feb 3, 2018
    anniecalvert likes this.
  10. Mifar

Mifar

Of course, you need to understand that earnings can be completely different at all because in fact, it is different for everyone. It also depends on funds and proper investments. The more of them - the more is income.

#40     Feb 10, 2018
    anniecalvert likes this.