How much of your savings do you invest in precious metals?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by JCDST1979, Feb 17, 2021.

1. And there you go, Treasury yields.

#11     Feb 25, 2021
  2. treeman

treeman

I’m currently hedged about 30% of my assets in silver and platinum. That’s not my savings though, and it’s not an investment. It’s a straight hedge. I’m only responsible for the margin which depending on the mix is between 8-12% of that (or 3ish percent of my assets)

#12     Feb 26, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  3. %%
    Sounds fine, even though most suggest 10% max.
    I do less than that\ but did buy some junk silver coins this year........................................................................... RE is good + in most cases better.[Gold can be a good hold/for a dealer/gold mine-i'm not either/LOL:caution::caution::D:D:D:D:D:D:D\]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    #13     Mar 2, 2021
  4. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Since mid 2020...Buying physical
    Per month, $500 into silver...about $20 face value of 90% junk or 1 tube eagles/similar.
    Per quarter, 1oz gold. Bars preferred, sealed in assay card but other clearly identifiable forms ok.

As investment, not a percentage of total savings.

#14     Mar 2, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  5. JCDST1979

JCDST1979

But to put it in a context we can learn from, what percentage is that of your savings or liquid net worth?

#15     Mar 3, 2021
  6. JCDST1979

JCDST1979

There is a lot of platinum on the moon, and there are a lot of companies working on colonizing the moon to mine it. Nobody knows when but it is a risk you have to take into account.

#16     Mar 3, 2021
  7. treeman

treeman

It’s not a consideration of mine and I can’t see it being so in the future. I don’t buy on anything except the money flow. And silver is now officially a dog. That can change, but it hasn’t.

#17     Mar 3, 2021
  8. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Silver, Approx $500 x 12 months = 6k annually
    Gold, Approx $2000(1oz) x 4 qtrs = 8k annually, currently

As I stated, my accumulation of physical metal is for investment.

When timings are appropriate, investment gains will be augmented (or hedged) with TRADING... futures, etfs, and/or individual stocks/options. At some point in the future I expect the investment to be liquidated, assuming life.

Your take away should be... make a plan that fits transparently within YOUR situation, without causing hardship to YOUR lifestyle, needs, wants, and goals.

You do your own math.

#18     Mar 3, 2021