how much of a role did CNBC lobbying play in getting a 50bps rate cut?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dafugginman, Sep 19, 2007.

1. like it or not, me thinks cramer is dictating fed policy. put another way, would we have gotten the 50bps cut without kudlow and cramer going ballistic every day?

2. sprstpd

sprstpd

We all know that Cramer saved America with his "they know nothing" rant. Man without him, the good ole USA would be in the crapper!

3. Surdo

Surdo

You have got to be kidding me, the only thing Cramer may have any kind of influence over is the color of the toilet paper in the CNBC bathroom, if he whines loud enough.

Cramer' hissy fit almost got him fired last month from NBC.

He is intelligent, when on meds off the air, but has a serious chemical imbalance.

4. sprstpd

sprstpd

No no really. Without Cramer, we would all be screwed royally. We can always count on him to save the day! (and take credit for it).

5. Bernanke pandered to Wall Street, people like Jim Cramer. The rate cut is way overblown anyway, 25 bp or 50 bp doesn't make much of a difference. The markets are so overfocused on the Fed because that's the only place you can find good news these days, if you look at the cold hard facts, the economy is quite weak.

6. Sheesh.

7. Bartiromo kept up the "50, 50, 50" subliminal pillow-talk.

8. ewwww! Like I needed that mental image thank you.