How much more money will I lose shorting crude oil intraday?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Uncle_Ho, May 7, 2008.

1. The short squeeze is on boys. Mark my words...this crude oil ralley will end violently, i.e. CBOT wheat. I see 4-5 dollar ranges when the downside comes.

My question is, if I can't hit a nice down retracement intraday, and i'm not gonna short it after we gap $2.00 lower one of these days, is my only option to stay long term short at these levels with a tight stop?

2. I'm with you...were do you see Oil heading?...back to $100, $90...you should try the Brent or mini crude oil...smaller than larger CL crude oil

3. I don't think 'long term short' and 'tight stops' go together in CL at the moment. Maybe you meant 'long term short' with 'wide stops'.

4. Cutten

Cutten

IMO crude will only seriously top out once you get some crazy market event, a bit like what happened with wheat. I.e. some trader or firm getting shafted and taking a huge loss, with blowoff price action.

5. Cheese

Cheese

The CL market is very volatile and offers large movements (up and down) daily. You do not need to wait for what the short-term will produce in terms of price levels in the days ahead. A neutral mindset and concentration on operating an accurate methodology enables the skilled player to take rich rewards daily from this market's gyrations.
    :)

6. ammo

ammo

looking for pullback to 117,long put spreads,i'll lift the short leg when it breaks

7. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Thanks Porgie!

8. What about the ETF that shorts Crude? (SOIL)