How much money your strategy could handle?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by crgarcia, May 18, 2007.

How much money your strategy could handle?

1. Up to $100,000

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. $100,000 to $1 million (M)

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. 1 M to 10 M

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  4. 10 M to 100M

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  1. If a hedge fund manager hired you, how much money could your CURRENT strategy handle?

2. tens of billions

I use a buy and hod strategy so I am able to trade large sums

3. LMAO...buy and hold = investing

You're not trading...you're buying 200 cheeseburgers worth of AAPL shares and holding them. And large sums doesn't mean $10k little man. :D

4. Around 10% of the Japanese GDP, so conservatively I'd say ~500 billion USD.

Long AUDJPY, NZDJPY, GBPJPY, USDJPY, EURJPY. Perfect, foolproof strategy.

5. So what great trades have you made smarty?

6. A lot actually. Why? I'm a good investor, not a great trader, but I do it to learn and for fun. :D

7. SDticks

SDticks

Less than 100k. Super leveraged of course.

8. My system is pretty consistent (over 90% winning days).

It cannot handle super large volume (over 10k shares) effectively unless we are talking about super liquid stocks.

Problem here is that with mega volume stocks like INTC, SIRI, etc., my system doesn't work as well.

I'm very happy with my system right now, but I'll need to adjust in the future as my trading $$$ increases.

9. You see these type of people are only here to jab but they can't take a punch. Scared to look bad, so they never post what they trade. Is it low self-esteem? I mean I will not laugh at anybody making a bad trade, I make them all the time, part of the game :confused: