How much money is out there?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by wannabee, Aug 8, 2006.

1. wannabee

wannabee

Hello,

As you can probably tell from my user name, I am a financial market whizzkid wannabe. I am fully aware that it is very hard work, and most people that try - fail.

However, for those that succeed, in for eg a prop trading firm, what is the expected salary? What I really want to know is whether I will have a ferrari spider by the time in 23, ha. Only kidding.

Any serious replies will be greatly appreciated, so I can atleast have some idea.

Wannabe.

2. Dogfish

Dogfish

Depends how old you are now and how long the ferrari spider waiting list is :D

If you're 20 of course it's possible but statistically not very likely, there is no average expected "salary" trading prop, it's one extreme to the other and noone knows where in that scale you'll land...

I'm sure there are brokers who would be able to give you a more satisfying answer as their earnings are more structured

3. mizer

mizer

More like will you have enough money to take the bus to the chop shop each morning:eek:

4. Mr B

Mr B

takes 5-10 years so unless you start at 13....

5. Oh sure. You'll have that Ferrari alright. If worse comes to worse, you can always get the 1/32nd plastic scale model or the HotWheels die-cast mini. Zoom, zoom, zoom!

6. TyphoonTycoon

TyphoonTycoon Guest

In my personal opinion, I believe it is hard to quantify or predict how fast one would get to intended destination through securities trading in general. What you earn i believe, (whether trading yourself or for a trading house) will obviously depend on a number factors for example including psychology, attitude, knowledge (and it's source), experience and the ability to make Imperical decisions based on experience (The edge essentially),

For my own personal insight. I'm in my early to mid 20's now and have been investigating the Forex Market for some time (3-4 years) and the average I have been able to achieve to date is only around 8% P.A over the last 3 years self manual trading (excluding Managed Foreign Exchange accounts)