How much money is needed

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by TTT, Nov 29, 2018.

1. TTT

TTT

How much money do you need to live exclusively from trading, trading intraday futures?

2. d08

d08

For you my friend, special price, 10 million.

Seriously though, this question has no answer. How big are your returns, what are your expenditures, how consistent are your returns, it's all variable.
    Best way to go about it is to live massively below your means. That means you'd spend only 10-20% of your trading returns on living expenses.

3. Enough to support your family for the rest of life and kept in a way so that you can't take it and lose as you do with the rest of your money.

murray t turtle likes this.
  4. JSOP

JSOP

Hey that's the min. account size for the platinum club at optionsellers.com where they short futures options!

jys78 likes this.
  5. d08

d08

I hear you can't lose with shorting puts. I must check it out.

lindq likes this.
  6. First, you need to beat the market ~ 10%

So lets say you double it ~20%

20% of $1,000,000 is $200,000.

Therefore, you need $1,000,000.

But wait!

You're not going to compound?

So you need 25%.

Good luck.

7. lindq

lindq

Always refreshing to see a nice bit of sarcasm here on ET

comagnum likes this.
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

Think of it like a job, where you go in every day and make money, what do you make a day currently ?? Say $100 ( myself ) it'll vary USA maybe $300, Iraq maybe $20.

So all you need is the ability to make consitently as possible $100 per day, 5 days per week just like your normal job then you can literally live off it.

With a sub 3K account I made $300 today ( 45mins trade time ) so with a 3K account and some good skills you could easily live off day trading and make your wage.

Slightly below target +378 this week, should be +400 but close enough, make it up tomorrow

TTT likes this.
  9. Is your system positive, negative or zero skew

10. p0box4

p0box4

Huh? You back to daytrading futures?
    Just last week you said: "In my opinion they do not work".

Whatever you do, please do not involve your son in your losing hamster wheel.

#10     Nov 29, 2018