How much money can you make trading electricity futures?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Con1991, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Con1991

Con1991

I may trying to find out more about electricity futures. Using demo accounts at the moment, and I cannot seem to trade electricity futures on these as it comes up as Invalid trading instrument, despite being listed. I have heard they can be volatile, but very profitable if traded correctly. Any information?

2. AFAIK it's OTC and so you ain't gonna be trading 'em without some serious money and some kinda industry connection.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    Atikon likes this.
  3. 2rosy

2rosy

spoke to a power firm right after deregulation in middle of nowhere ex-nymex, enron. 7 figure swings everyday

4. ZBZB

ZBZB

bone, DarthSidious and Real Money like this.
  5. Con1991

Con1991

So it's possible to make 7 figures daily either way with electricity?

6. p0box4

p0box4

Stop dreaming about the big figures and start with making a few $100 consistent on a daily basis. Real money, not demo.

Learn how to walk before you try to run.

atorchio, richie90, Nobert and 2 others like this.
  7. Con1991

Con1991

The idea of trading is to dream, and to make decent money. Otherwise why would anyone bother to do it. A positive attitude is a must in this game, that I do know.

8. p0box4

p0box4

A positive attitude is good, being unrealistic is not.

bone and d08 like this.
  9. Con1991

Con1991

I agree. But the reason I'm asking about electricity futures here is because from what I have heard, it is not unrealistic to make big money. If one knows what they are doing of course.

10. wartrace

wartrace

#10     Jun 2, 2020