How much Market Depth does your Data Provider give you?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by HawaiianIceberg, Jun 14, 2021.

1. I'm curious what other providers give you access to. Tradestation give you the inside 10 levels. Thx!

2. CannonTrading_Ilan

CannonTrading_Ilan Sponsor

Most platforms provide what you see. You have the choice of level 2 or top of book ( best bid-offer) data which is cheaper.
    Rithmic powered data provides more than 10 levels ( pretty much the full order map)
    Rtrader or Rtrader pro. You can request a demo here: https://www.cannontrading.com/software/rtrader

3. Overnight

Overnight

On the futures side, CQG provides infinite depth. As Cannon said, the full book.

4. Thank you for the info Cannon and Overnight.

Is there much liquidity outside of the inside 10 bids and asks for the ES? From a quick glance at Cannon's website, it looks like there isn't, but the images of the book I saw are a little old

CannonTrading_Ilan likes this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

There are orders in the book way out into the ether, but all the action is of course inside the spread, if there is one. During a typical day, there is a 1-tick spread on the ES. I mean, there has to be, or else it would be nothing but steady-state trading at a flat level.

And if there is no "liquidity" at a certain price level you are looking at? Well, just wait until the spread nears those levels. The orders will increase in magnitude the closer the spread gets to the level ye be looking at.

CannonTrading_Ilan likes this.