How Much Leverage Do You Use To Trade Forex?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by KrispyKreme50, Apr 7, 2009.

How Much Leverage Do You Use?

1. None

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  2. 5:1

9 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. 10:1

9 vote(s)
    11.3%
  4. 20:1

17 vote(s)
    21.3%
  5. 50:1

16 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. >50:1

26 vote(s)
    32.5%
  1. Usually I am choose 1:400 as my choice, but I see some broker already offer higher leverage 1:1000 and more

#41     Jun 1, 2016
  2. Brokers give you leverage because they want your money fast.

#42     Jun 1, 2016
  3. Maybe, but I don't know because high leverage is wil harmful if tarder being reckessly in decision making, it will leading to become greedy in trading use high risk taker and many trader know trading with greedy usually will end with failure

#43     Jun 2, 2016
  4. high leverage are not that bad, it depends of the traders.
    for me it is no difference if a trader use a 1:500, 1:100. 1:50 . if they are bad in their trading , they will lose their money
    i have tried any leverage when i start my careers as trader. and few years ago i opened account with 1:10. 1:25. 1:50 leverage, because i read tooo much awesome trader in forums that said a lower leverage is better. and what i got? when i lose my money, i just lose it
    so it is all about your trading strategies and character. if you are usually trade with big leverage. just trade with it.
    The key is not your leverage. but how much amout you afford to lose for your everytrade. 1 %? 2 %? it is depend on your self .
    how about me? i usully use the biggest leverage offered by a broker,
    when i trade with Tickmill , i will always choose 1:500 leverage
    when a broker could offer bigger leverage than 1:500 i will use it.
    i will try to deposit as small as i can, and WD as big as i can. because it is my trading style .

be yourself bro
    salam hangat

#44     Jun 3, 2016
  5. Nice opinion and yes be own selves, often I am reading statement from success trader if they will better we believed with own selves, maybe we can hear from another opinion in trades but eventually we will decided with our own hand, included about using leverage

#45     Jun 3, 2016
  6. vic84

vic84

Leverage increases your capital investment but i use it if am very much sure on a trade or else i normally dont use it much.

#46     Jun 4, 2016
  7. minst

minst

I prefer to use leverage between 100x:400x. I feel this is the right range of leverage to be utilized for trading.

#47     Oct 21, 2016
  8. High leverage giving higher opportunity to trade with bigger lot size, but also risk also will higher too, like as double edge of swords, if using leverage recklessly will possible making margin call quickly

#48     Oct 21, 2016
  9. frooze

frooze

Lol, but I think using a leverage is not entirely wrong. The bad side of it is that the higher the leverage, the higher the loses if things go wrong.
    Because when you can meet up with minimum margin requirements as affected by the amount of leverage, your broker would have to liquidate some assets not to lose more, and that definitely is not something we want to hear.

#49     Dec 16, 2016
  10. using high leverage will possible facing with negative balance, I am ever had experience about this case, which using smallest lot size and without stop loss but only use small funds, and when check out account already margin call and look equity on negative balance, might trend market move too fast and server on freeze

#50     Dec 17, 2016