How much is 'A Good Living'?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by spinner, Dec 7, 2006.

1. I know two millionaires who both have their GED :)

#11     Jan 11, 2007
  2. A good living is different for each person. It depends on your lifestyle and to some extent, the lifestyles of other people in your peer group.

If you are making enough money to not worry about money, you're making a good living. Might be 20k or 500k a year.

Traveler

#12     Jan 11, 2007
  3. Neet

Neet

Beautiful words, congratulations. Hope all goes well.

#13     Jan 11, 2007
  4. kevinmr

kevinmr

Here on Long Island, NY you need to net at least $100k which would translates to a gross revenue of approximately $200k.

#14     Jan 11, 2007
  5. i am a US citizen living in taiwan. it is pretty cheap here. A fresh outta college kid makes about 1G a month. so basically all i have to do is to make 5G a month, then you can live like a king
    but of course my ambition is bigger than that.

#15     Jan 11, 2007
  6. I'm with ya, man. Im not a Canadian but far north enough that I feel like one. :)

And like you, I don't care what others think. I'm not into the status thing either. I have nice things, but not flashy. Got plenty of cash in the bank.

As far as I'm concerned I'm wealthy as I ever need to be, because today I got this picture. :D Got a son on the way.

Hello Uptik,

First my Congratulations to you and the mother to be! :0)
    Though I've never had any children of my own, I do ENJOY them
    thoroughly. They're a TREASURE, one of God's BEST gifts.

On a further note, what one earns by the fruits of their labor is relative to each ones necessities, and or desires. Our personal choices dictate those. When what comes in is greater than what goes out, you're doing very well.

May this child grow to be healthy, happy, and bring much joy into your lives, and that of others.

Take Care & God Bless

Kelly

#16     Jan 11, 2007
  7. Allen3

Allen3

I will be happy to be profitable. I hope to make more after expenses than I would at home depot, walmart, tractor supply, ect. That's about what my prospects amount to in a small town after following my wifes job. That 8 years of college came in handy :D. So in my position becoming profitable at all and earning 20,000 a year at this looks good. One would hope given time that I could realize more of the potential money out there. I think that's why we are all involved with this. That said first things first = what I can make at Denny's.

JIM

#17     Jan 11, 2007
  8. I respect your way of thinking Allen.

Do what you like and the money will take care of itself later. Over the first 4 years I lost money and actually paid additional sums for personal training.

And now the 4 years seem like a truly short time when you think how long it takes to be a doctor, lawyer, or an NFL quarterback.

You can take the best college quarterback in the nation and next year will not be calling his own plays.

We all must become apprentices to our chosen goals.

Alex L. Wasilewski
    Co-Founder & Head Trader
    Trades That Work
    www.puretick.com

#18     Jan 11, 2007