How much have you had to drink in your life?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, May 18, 2003.

1. I have a confession to make......My little bro came up to visit this weekend....from Friday at 9:30pm until sunday night the total stands at:

5 twelve packs of Coors Light
    1 six Pack of Heineken
    15 Coronas at Joe's Crab House
    1 Twelve Pack of Miller high Life......I don't know we drank that either......all i know is Im very sluggish today and I think I have liver damage.:eek:

#11     May 19, 2003
  2. I have been told to stay away from medicine that contains Acetaminophen while drinking (tylenol, etc). That does a real number on your liver.

#12     May 19, 2003
  3. Ibuprofin is even worse. Your liver has a hell of a time processing either of these complicated drugs.

However, I wouldn't worry about liver damage from a single weekend of beer binging. Maybe a few months of a fifth per day.
    It takes some serious abuse before your liver starts crapping out

#13     May 19, 2003
  4. ......another confession.......

....I forgot to add in the 12 pack of MGD as well......My wife isn't too happy....Im still sluggish today!.....Anyone ever just get a craving for a certain type of beer? All of the sudden we just wanted Miller High Life and MGD.....what's that all about???:confused:

I also heard the same theing about Tylenol/Aceto. products....but Ibuprofin?????? Im screwed then becuase I almost always take two or three after a night of drinking to avoid the hangover!:eek:

#14     May 20, 2003
  5. Yeah, GROLSCH..

Ironically, thats also the sound I make after drinking too much Grolsch

:(

[​IMG]

#15     May 20, 2003
  6. Hello. My name is Jesse, and I am an alcoholic.

p.s. I used to live in a nice house, but I don't livernomore.

#16     May 21, 2003
  7. I once thought the song "99 bottles of bear on the wall..." was humorous...no more.

I, and 7 friends, attempted to clear a carefully arranged bookshelf of 99 bottles of bear. The goal: 3 hours. Here is how it went:

0 - 0.5 hours: 3 funnels each, all is well at 119 OLR (99 - 3*8 = 75)

0.5 - 0.7 hrs: Needing a breather, each relax and attempt quasi-normal style drinking. (75-1*8 = 67)

0.7 - 1.0 hrs: Oh shit, running behind! Take what's left, add 1 more, and funnel. (67 - 1*8 = 59)

1.0 - 2.0 hrs: Power Hour. (61 - ~3*8 = 37) This is where the problems begin. We have one, she only weighs 140 pounds or so, what do you expect right?, down and the clock is ticking.

2.0 - 2.5 hrs: The strongest three each step it up and do a two bear funnel. I bow out on this and vow to make up for it soon. (37 - 3*2 = 31) Four others (including myself) beginning drinking normally and finish one more. (31 - 1*4 = 27) Puke-and-rally! The 140 lbs. makes a heroic return and kills 1/2 beer (27 - 1*0.5 = 26.5).

2.5 - 2.7 hrs: Puke-and-rally finishes. (26.5 - 1*0.5 = 26) The big three continue their tear, but are starting to get sloppy. (26 - 3*2 = 20) We got one more hovering above the Jon, another supporting the door. P&R vows to finish one more by the limit. I make my return: A one beer funnel, followed by a two, followed by a three. I had only attempted this once before with moderate success. Alright, there was a handful of vomit. I moved on anyhow. (20 - 1 - 2 - 3 = 14)

2.7 - 3.0 hrs: MAYDAY! Both bathrooms are occupied. P&R is looking glossy eyed, to say the least. One of the big three sucks down two in a funnel, another fails an attempt and crashes over the back of a couch - now those two have to be replaced - and the third gets violent, insisting he hates the devil spawned funnel and chugs...dear god thankyou for making the Irish... two insuccession and begins on a third...I begin on a 3x funnel and fall over in the process, thankfully keeping the all-important thumb at the end of the tube...as I get to my feet there are two minutes left and my spotter is filling a backup funnel for himself... I, my spotter, P&R, Irish all finish with 60 seconds remaining just as my friend from GA walks in (two hours late, mind you). No time for greetings, here's a beer...here's three. You've got 45 seconds! "No thanks, I brought wine." (14 - 2 - 2 + 2 - 3 - 3 - 1 - 2 = 3)

3 remaining after three hours. I hate song.

#17     May 21, 2003
  8. ZERO I have nothing against people taking alcohol but I don't like the taste of alcohol. I know I'm not normal but you know it already (somebody said I must be an allien) :D

#18     May 21, 2003
  9. I don't like the taste either, but I still love to drink.

#19     May 21, 2003
  10. c'mon harry, have a mint julep

#20     May 21, 2003