How much have you been able to make in a day via trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Lethn, Aug 30, 2009.

1. lol Nope its not. :D :cool: :p

Probably your personal experience though.

If that were true then there would be no young people making loads from trading very soon after they started,
    everyone who started traidng would have to have hundreds of thousand of pounds in spare money lying around,
    and thre will be some super-class of expert traders somewhere who spend 10years with 98% of making loads n loads of money.

there 2 directions, from whatever time you start each trade 1 is right 1 is wrong.

end of story!

you can dress it up and add whatever you want on, but the ONLY thing that will matter is if you got the right direction or wrong that trade

#11     Aug 30, 2009
  2. Pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

#12     Aug 30, 2009
  3. lets say i trade 4 contracts of 6E, meaning each pip is worth $50
    or i trade 4 contracts of ES, meaning each tick is worth $50

i make 10 pips/ticks profit on a trade, that's $500 less say $20 rt commission

so $480 x 21 trading days = $10,080 per month, $120,960 per year

does that answer your question ?

#13     Aug 30, 2009
  4. I am a guru.

I have a website

A blog

and videos

So, because of that, it's pretty clear I will be the best, smartest trader on this thread.

I can do about 20 ES points a day, times 20 contracts.

You do the math.

Now buy my DVD!!!!!!!

#14     Aug 30, 2009
  5. Bob111

Bob111

here is a picture of back tested trading system. it produced 2000 trades,on 2000 bars of daily data. starting capital 10K, end-1M. looks good huh?
    in reality i can't make a dime out of it...
    get real-you are about to play on same field with best of the best programmers,mathematicians and Nobel prize winners who have best tools at their disposal..they can change price of the bid @ 100 times per second.....leave your "predictions" alone..every day you finish alive and without a huge loss for next 3-15 years should be considered as a great success.

• 123.png
      File size:
      57.1 KB
      Views:
    #15     Aug 30, 2009
  6. retail trading out of the gate is a born to lose proposition. you have no experience and very little capital most likely.

for all beginners prop trading is the way to go. you trade with the firm's money so losses and BP are non issues.

within 6 months you can be making a living and within a few years the sky is the limit. there are people who post on elite who have made millions in a very short time span.

numbers have become so crazy that a 100k day is not a big deal. of course it is a huge deal but pre-september 08 numbers like that were inconceivable.

#16     Aug 30, 2009
  7. best day ever, +4% of working capital - and it was totally luck that I was 80% in the market and on the right side as major (i mean major/massive) market moving news broke the wires.

6-month moving daily average for me is about 65bps/day

#17     Aug 30, 2009
  8. Quote from fullblotter:
    retail trading out of the gate is a born to lose proposition. you have no experience and very little capital most likely.

TRUE

for all beginners prop trading is the way to go. you trade with the firm's money so losses and BP are non issues.

possibly true, this is an opinion.

within 6 months you can be making a living and within a few years the sky is the limit. there are people who post on elite who have made millions in a very short time span.

Perhaps 3-7 chances of a 1,000 this happens

#18     Aug 31, 2009
  9. Lethn

Lethn

Thanks for the info so far guys.

By the way, I can tell what's true and what's not when people start bickering about it and try to out-do each other which is why it's always good to make provocative threads like this :p

#19     Aug 31, 2009
  10. I have only been able to make 300-320 a day doing this.

Would be nice to make the big money though.

#20     Aug 31, 2009