How much does life costs where you live?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Debaser82, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Bob111

Bob111

it's really is..imo-with all current problems it still #1 choice for immigration,if you asked me..cheap to live countries are filled with poor people.you don't want to live in the place surrounded by poor..

#51     Oct 31, 2011
  2. DT-waw

DT-waw

yeah. where i live such pleasure costs $100.

1 bedroom apt, decent standard and location: 700 usd.
    2 bedroom: 1,000 usd

drink at a club: $7
    meal at a good restaurant + wine + dessert : $15 to $20

city transportation monthly ticket: 70 usd.
    avg net salary: $1,000

avg 2 bdrm condo sale price: about $200k

conclusion: real estate costs the most.
    reason: millions of ignorant greedy bastards buy on mortgage.

without massive spending on credit, prices of everything will slump by 50%

#52     Oct 31, 2011
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Good point, although I don't care to live surrounded by illegal un-assimilated immigrants either. Which is where the US is headed.

#53     Oct 31, 2011
  4. Bob111

Bob111

there is nothing you can do about it..moving to good,expensive neighborhood should work..and it's not that bad,compared to rest of the developed world..look at the europe..even russia,moscow in particular literally filled with illegal immigrants from parts of former USSR..

#54     Oct 31, 2011
  5. I prefer to live in an un-assimilated neighborhood, so if you don't like it please move.

Anyone who can't live in an un-assimilated neighborhood just can't assimilate to the American Way and should be sent back to where they came from.

You call yourself an American, but I bet you're one of those Krauts who secretly eats hot dogs.

#55     Oct 31, 2011
  6. Maybe they mean the other boroughs because there is no way in hell Manhattan is 59th. Outside of Manhattan, there are areas that look and feel like a third world country, so I'm not surprised if they include all 5 boroughs.

#56     Oct 31, 2011
  7. We live in a very nice neighborhood. It had three great restaurants, A McDonalds, a Burger King and a Wendys. Everyone was perfectly assimilated. And then when the golf pro shop went out of business, a family of rather questionable background moved in and opened an Italalian restaurant. And they didn't just serve spaghetti and meatballs like mom made, they served all kinds of unassimilated food, like rigatoni and all kinds of things I never heard of.

Well thet was bad enough, but then a foreign exchange student graduated and got a job in the local chemical factory and made so much American money she brought her asian parents over here and bought them a house. But they could never assimilate and opened up a chinese restaurant and when you go there you can hear them back in the kitchen speaking their jibberish.

Now there's talk about a Mexican restaurant opening, I think they call it Chi-Chis. If that happens I'm moving.

#57     Oct 31, 2011
  8. oh sorry, I didn't see the part about ILLEGAL immigrants. I couldn't agree more. It's the job of all the governments in the world to decide where people can live.

#58     Oct 31, 2011
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

You're not very bright are you.

#59     Oct 31, 2011
  10. they invented this thing called a question mark. It looks like this ? on your keyboard. Check it out?

#60     Oct 31, 2011