How much does life costs where you live?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Debaser82, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Yes but even if you are an employee let alone an employer you can get taxes back by adding stuff like your motorbike to work, renovations you did to your house etc.

These system is widely used (and abused) so that even's stuff out a bit doesnt it.

And yes ofcourse if you own a house or not, have children or not, make enough money to put your kids into college, etc also make a difference but that as well goes both ways cause you also get child support etc.

The tax on the items bought is irrelevant really...

The product could cost 0,01$ and taxed 6,99$ so you will have to pay 7$ for the product like it or not.

The topic was ment just to get a broader insight.

Stated university costs for instance don't include stuff like housing, transportation, books etc either but I hope that was clear.

#31     Oct 30, 2011
  2. The disparity between salary and a place to live is huge no.... How is that handled?

#32     Oct 30, 2011
  3. shared 10 ppl in a room w/ bunkbeds.

#33     Oct 30, 2011
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

I think the numbers are misleading if we don't take into account "quality". For example, here in the US, we have arguably bar none the highest quality healthcare and education (college) in the world but we pay a premium for it. Food on the other hand is insanely cheap and is of the lowest quality. In the US, people pay more money to live where there are better jobs and better schools. In Europe, this is less of the case.

As the saying goes, you get what you pay for. If one doesn't care about quality of life or quality of product, you can live in the US for damn near nothing, pay no taxes, eat shitty food and have your kids get a degree for almost nothing. Yes, you can actually choose that path. But is that really what you want?

#34     Oct 30, 2011
  5. a few grand?

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation on Tuesday arrested the Meigs County Litter Control Officer after he allegedly paid an undercover TBI Special Agent to commit a murder.

Jack “Jackie” Scroggins, 52, of Georgetown, was charged with solicitation to commit first degree murder and booked into the Meigs County Jail without bond, according to a TBI news release. Scroggins reportedly met with an undercover TBI agent twice to discuss details of the murder plot and paid him $1,000 as an advance payment and $100 for a gun to commit the murder. Scroggins was allegedly contracting to have his girlfriend’s ex-husband killed.

Scroggins has been employed with the Meigs County Sheriff’s Office for six years and was hired under the previous administration. He in is jail awaiting arraignment.

The investigation was worked over the last week by TBI, the Meigs County Sheriff’s Office and the 9th Judicial District Attorney General’s Office.

Last week, an undercover TBI agent allegedly met with a Lake City woman who reportedly offered to trade her 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier to kill her former boyfriend and the father of her 4-month-old baby before an upcoming court appearance involving visitation, custody and child support.

Teresa Dawn Wright, 42, 238 Coal Creek Lane, Lake City, was charged with one count of solicitation of murder. She remains in Anderson County jail under $75,000 bond.

#35     Oct 30, 2011
  6. no kidding, in USA even if you are rich it's hard to find good food. As a matter of fact, you're more likely to find it if you're poor.

#36     Oct 30, 2011
  7. pupu

pupu

Not quite

Poor in the US(at least at major cities) have limited or no access to fresh produce and rely heavily on junk/processed food.
    Healthy food is usually more expensive as well.

#37     Oct 30, 2011
  8. I wouldn't kill anyone for a 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier.

#38     Oct 30, 2011
  9. I'm moving to the city this week, so I checked out the grocery stores. The have tons of "fresh"produce, but none of it's worth eating. Back here in the country where the poor people live everybody's got something growing that is really good.

Actually, the Walmart supercenter had the best produce because they try to buy locally.

#39     Oct 30, 2011
  10. City living is really quite shocking when you see the scale they are proceesing people on. You go to the store and no matter what you want, you just buy what they have. What the heck else are you going to do?

In the country you almost always know someone who is about to get rid of something you may need. If you need to buy something new, you just tell the store owner and he says, "Ok, I'll look around and try to get it for you."

#40     Oct 30, 2011