How much does life costs where you live?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Debaser82, Oct 29, 2011.

1. a 275k home with 3% downpayment in Denver, CO costs $1,750.00/mo. including property tax and home owners insurance.

Food, alcohol, restaurants, hygiene and gasoline costs for two persons $1,400.00/mo.

Utilities: (Elec, Water, Natural Gas) $300.00/mo.

Phone: Family plan for two, basic cell phone w/text only no web, Cricket $70.00/mo.

Internet fast $60.00/mo.

Satellite: Direct TV w/everything..promotions galore $120.00/mo.

Lawn Maintenance Cut, edge and fertilize (annualized): $62.00/mo.

Car maintenance per car: $250.00/mo.

Car Insurance full coverage, good driving record, one car: $84.00/mo.

Medical Insurance premiums: $379.00/mo.

Add for Medical out of pocket and prescription, Retirement planning, pets, vacations, hobbies, clothing, AAA, CC interest, ADT Alarm, Gym, Costco membership, car wash, dental....etc...two people no kids $2,000.00/mo.

How can any two people live for less than 54k a year? If you have kids....well you do the math. I went to a financial planners pump and dump meeting to get the free dinner... and they say one needs 2 million in retirment to make it self perpetuating...

#101     Jun 24, 2012
  2. ok, I'll give you that. I gotta go, I'm not in a drawdown in the classical sense, but everything I have put on this week has moved immediately in my favor, only to turn against me.

I make hundreds of dollars a day and then loose thousands in less than an hour.

It's like I have the "lead" touch, all I have to do is touch gold and it turns to lead.

good luck this week

Lord knows I need it

#102     Jun 24, 2012
  3. guest2

guest2

I live in Zabrze, Poland. Zabrze is located near Katowice - capital city of Silesia.

$ = USD

Average monthly salary: $700

2 bedroom apartment rent/month: $485

Average house price - depend on state: > $300 000

Big Mac Menu: $7

Volkswagen Golf IV: $25 000

1 Galon of gas: $7

1.5L bottle of Coke: $1.70

School - its obligatory to 18th birthday: free
    Private doctor visit: $30

University:
    public: free - u re studing daily Mon-Fri
    private: $800 - $6000 for a year

One hour with hooker in agency: $90 ;-)

In short words:
    Husband works for a rent & bills. Wife works for the rest costs of living - food, childrens etc.... If someone is alone s/he usually works in two jobs.
    Mainly, Polish society is divided into two groups: rich and poor.

#103     Jun 24, 2012
  4. Bob111

Bob111

----Average monthly salary: $700

2 bedroom apartment rent/month: $485

Average house price - depend on state: > $300 000

---------

this stuff puzzles me all the time.pretty much in every other country.
    how with such low income price of the house,apartment is so high?

and it's everywhere. in some complete s**hole right on the middle of the russia,where i from-same thing. average salary $300-500 a month,yet apartment price is >75-100K. i can buy a single house with a f** garden full of oranges right on the middle of the sunny florida for same money. in the country where law is respected and it f** warm all year around. not some sh**thole on the middle of nowhere in some lawless country.. i guess the such high price mean that there is a demand for it and someone is still buying? i would appreciate ET's members opinions on disconnection between housing and average salaries.

Thank you!

#104     Jun 25, 2012
  5. I suppose you guys in Florida haven't been affected yet by the "mortgage" virus: Home sellers can ask any price as long as the buyer can get a mortgage on it.

#105     Jun 25, 2012