How much does equity research reports cost from BB?!

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by freddel, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Hi all,
    I was unable to find the option of access to equity research reports on Thomson IM. Can anyone guide me?
    Also does anyone have any idea how much do they charge and any other websites providing the same service?

Thanks.

#11     Aug 10, 2013
  2. Spoke with Thomson. They indicated that for 1340/month you can get delayed access (2 to 10 days) to sell-side research up to 60k/year of "value" in research.

The "value" of the research is stipulated by the broker and is typically around 10 a page. Since most brokers research is filled with 1 page of useful information, and 20 pages of fluff, this actually doesn't buy you access to that many reports. This isn't even considering the fact that I consider 97% of all sell-side research to be useless.

Still an interesting option for those who want access without having the relationship with the brokers.

I do not know of any other method. If sometime does please let me know.

#12     Aug 13, 2013
  3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

When I called them they didn't tell me about the "value" of research part.

That sounds bogus. you pay 40 points just for disclosures.

I have thomson standard and there is a lot of second tier research. Depending on your needs it might be enough.

#13     Aug 13, 2013
  4. Hi newwurldmn,
    What plans do thomson standard have?
    How much do they charge and what number of reports can be accessed?

Thanks,
    Regan

#14     Aug 22, 2013
  5. freddel

freddel

You can get some research from Thomson reuters;
    http://training.thomsonreuters.com/...?coid=1-2JV2BNQ

- Up to 180 downloadable documents per year (or 15 a month in average) => 382 EUR ht per month

- Up to 300 downloadable documents per year (or 25 a month in average) => 620 EUR ht per month

#15     Aug 22, 2013
  6. This thread is a riot. Real traders get deluged with bulge-bracket research for 'free', and read little or none of it.

#16     Aug 22, 2013
  7. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Rodney,

Are you a real trader? Who do you prime with? Whose your sales contact at JPMorgan? What about UBS or Citi?

Or are you a poser?

#17     Aug 22, 2013
  8. BUMP. We want free BB tier macro research. how can we get that ? outside of producing it myself.
    Currently i'm working at a BB and i can tell you guys this stuff is useful !

#18     Aug 22, 2017
  9. Overnight

Overnight

NominalSpeculator wins the most-exact-old-thread-timestamp-bump-of-the-year award.

Exactly 4 years, to the day! Gratz! Here's a pot brownie. (out of cookies).

#19     Aug 22, 2017
  10. much appreciated. still the issue has not been resolved. any insights on how we can get ourselves these market moving pdfs?

#20     Aug 22, 2017