How much does a prop shop make ?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Joab, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Understanding the real whsle cost would be a valid question in my opinion incuding the rebates and perks.

Everybody is entitled to make money.

How could any trader critisize another trader for wanting more information?...

#11     Jul 29, 2006
  2. Joab

Joab

Why would a professional business tell me these intimate things ?

If I can't ask such a simple question in a so called "Elite" traders forum then where can I ???

I am in discussions with a potential firm about opening a local office BUT before I waste my time,money and energy doing my due diligence, I don't think a simple post in here would hurt.

I'm just curious to see what kind of initial feedback I get.

#12     Jul 29, 2006
  3. Joab,

May all the good happen to you that you can find. Your a great American...Make the system work for you and discover what you can, and do not forget to share the information with us here n ET.

WE NEED MORE ENTREPRENEURS!

#13     Jul 29, 2006
  4. Surdo

Surdo

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

Talk to several MANAGERS @ several prop shops and compare answers. Start out by introducing yourself to your own firm!
    Opening a firm and never even visited one is like opening a restaurant and never eaten in one.

You only have a small handful of people that actually trade on this web site!

Good luck.

#14     Jul 29, 2006
  5. if you are paying .75 and are actually a profitable trader, and are doing some kind of volume, minimum2-3 million a month. Squeeze them under .3, in my experience these people dont deserve anything, most of these guys are just scumbags... They dont deserve any loyalty...its all about the $$$

#15     Jul 29, 2006
  6. It depends on how big your firm is: i.e. how much volume goes through the doors. The clearing firm usually has fixed costs in the range of .001 to .002. Everthing on top of that is profit.

Multiply .0055 or .006 (.0075 - .0015) by your average daily volume and voila!

#16     Jul 29, 2006
  7. Joab

Joab

Thank you that was the answer I was looking for !
    :D

#17     Jul 29, 2006
  8. Sure thing. Efficiency and fairness rise with the transparency and proliferation of information.

#18     Jul 29, 2006
  9. megadon

megadon

WHEN THEIR RUN RIGHT THEY MAKE MILLIONS AND MILLIONS

THE KEY IS THE OWNERS REALLY HAVE TO BELIEVE IN WHO THEY HIRE TO TRADE

M LOOK FOR SOMEONE WHO REALLY BELIEVES IN YOU

#19     Jul 29, 2006
  10. rosy

rosy

day trading prop shops charge a desk fee, data fee, commissions, charge for losses, and have incredibly tight risk control so the trader cannot make money. they are kind of like a boiler room but the clients come to them.

#20     Jul 29, 2006