How much do you REALLY make trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by thunderbolt, Mar 12, 2003.

1. MRWSM

MRWSM

Marc to Market,

I'll verify for you. Just PM me your strategy, I'll back test it and get back to the board for verification. GT

#41     Mar 13, 2003
  2. Bibine

Bibine

So you do care about wether people beleive you or not!!!
    Then I have to say that I don't... Cheers!

#42     Mar 13, 2003
  3. Last year is not this year. We're not talking about last year. I made waaaay more last year than this year. The thread was about what you're makign NOW!!! You said you're making $15g a week NOW. Is THIS what you want to bet on?

#43     Mar 13, 2003
  4. Naive would be for someone to believe that you are making $15 g this year, on a very consistent, week-by-week basis.

#44     Mar 13, 2003
  5. Marc, why not post 1 days trading log , so we can see how its done.

Don't forget to remove your account # :)

#45     Mar 13, 2003
  6. azzie

azzie

With 400K (assuming 1 to 4 buying power) to make an annnual return of 12 times 60K is not very unrealistic.

I live in a small country in N-E Europe and I personally know 3 local guys, who make over 200% in annual return with trading accounts between 100K - 200K USD.

#46     Mar 13, 2003
  7. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

Amusing thread .... There are a lot of professional traders about .... If everyone was losing money then how is it that all of these people are in the industry ? If its all a losing game why would anybody bother ? Think about it for a minute and then think twice before you automatically assume that winning claims are invalid.

.... My opinion: there are a lot of people that really are not professional traders that post on this board and there are a lot of sales people and students posting . Another point: Unless you are selling something why would you post your winnings ? Also, if you really are a pro you might indicate that in your profile ... although I think the posts serve to distinguish those who actually do trade professionally from those that dont ....

#47     Mar 13, 2003
  8. What's more interesting, it that we have all these claims of 100%-300% annual returns, but virtually NO ONE seems to be able to do that in a public setting, where it can be verified. Not talking about the random contest winner, that emerges out of a pack of 100's of 'entrants'.

Not saying it can't be done, just that the number of claims is far beyond the possible.

#48     Mar 13, 2003
  9. Marty

Marty

"I would trade it all for just a little bit more"

:D

#49     Mar 13, 2003
  10. MRWSM

MRWSM

Marc, No need to get defensive about it. LOL I'm currently using a 100 to 200% unsubjective strategy for safety. But I have a 10,000% strategy up my sleeve I'm not ready to use yet, so your measly 600% strategy wouldn't phase me. LOL But I do see where you're coming from, no need to expose the secrets.

Most people would believe losing $15k in a week, so making $15K is just as possible, so I believe you could be for real. Just not probable because 90% of traders lose so folks don't try this at home. LOL.

#50     Mar 13, 2003