How much do you need?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by DaveWeis, Jul 12, 2006.

1. DaveWeis

DaveWeis

Michael,
    That was exactly the type of advice I have been looking for..Thank you.
    I currently live VERY cheap (compared to the avg middle aged person, I can survive with about 8k a year) so sometimes I question if it has skewed my estimations of money needed for when I graduate, so its nice to be brought back to reality. It makes me realize I wouldn't mind living a little better.
    I think you are correct on the additional bills and expenses..eating right, gyms..health insurance..
    So, I think you are right and have cleared some things up..Unless I have some insanely great year and pull some magic 100+% gain I will probably need to be looking for a real job.
    As for the girlfriend/wife thing..I do have a girlfriend..she starts med school next year if everything works out right..so I have my fingers crossed on being a stay at home husband perhaps..:)
    Anyway, you brought out some really good points Michael, I really think that I should be waiting to get upto around 100 before I bother making any big decisions about trading..because when it comes down to it I will probably start working for around 35-45..It might not be worth it to trade straight out of college when I can be building my funds while working for a couple years..

Thanks for the great post!!

Dave

#21     Jul 13, 2006
  2. attaboy Dave...

#22     Jul 13, 2006
  3. jho

jho

Good choice Dave.

I think working and building capital is the smart safer way of doing it. Great peace of mind knowing you'll have that steady paycheck and time to work on your strategies.

#23     Jul 13, 2006
  4. When am I going to get out of this fricken trade?...many opportunities are passing me by with faster accelerations...

Well thats a traders life...get all you can and when leaving, know where your going :)

And as always, Good Trading to ALL of you...

Michael B.

#24     Jul 13, 2006