How much do you need to realistically make it?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by midlifeguy, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Thats a stupid question.
    A teenager would be happy making $20.00 a day daytrading and consider himself rich. Everybody's money situation is different.

#51     Sep 3, 2006
  2. nitro

nitro

Oh geesys.

It goes to show how out of touch I am with this site these days.

nitro :(

#52     Sep 3, 2006
  3. mschey, why are you here? Why are you sharing anything inside this forum at all? Why is nitro here? Why are any of the other veterans sharing info here? What's in it for you? What is your personal "payoff" for investing time = effort here in this site?

Answer that question for yourself, and you then have the exact-same answer why I'm here.

I'll ask this question again: please point out ANYWHERE in my posts or profile where there is one single reference to anything for sale. It is your own (and perhaps others?) ass u mption that I'm here offering input for any reason other than your own similar purpose for gracing our collective presence.

When you find one iota of a sales pitch in here from me, I'll apologize profusely for the error and have it stricken from the servers.

Until that time, I have no need to gain anyone's respect or acceptance... it is no different for me than you.

Capiche'?

Best Trading Wishes,
    Austin

#53     Sep 3, 2006
  4. So making fun of a guy who doesn't make money is your idea of humor? Maybe it's just me...but that just doesn't seem funny.

#54     Sep 3, 2006
  5. Who are you trying to fool? You are here to make a name, build your image, and market your product. You business is selling coiled markets trading packages....your set of "method tools" that you are willing to share for the low price of $1995 per package...and should we take you for your word, "you could care less if anyone bought another package from you ever again!" Your words....should we believe them? I think not!

As I've said, I don't have a problem with you being a vendor...but you better be able to walk the walk. I dont' think you do....until you prove otherwise, you will find me letting others know your true agenda. Selling overpriced, unoriginal information on trading the coiled markets method.

Enjoy your weekend!

#55     Sep 3, 2006
  6. mschey, you know not what you speak of. Not at all, which is very apparent in your post above. I have nothing to prove to anyone, because I want nothing in return. I don't need or desire your approval, and I deserve the same respect as anyone else.

Capiche`?

Imagine if you will how much more productive and pleasant this entire website forum would be if <b>no one wrote anything negative about anyone else</b>.

What if all posts remained focused on topic, and each thread stayed intact thru the end?

What if most threads didn't degrade into senseless, immature name-calling and personal attacks by total strangers of one to another?

Wouldn't that be a much more productive forum? I wonder.

To each their own. No one is any competition to me, nor threat of ego in any way. Come Tuesday morning and forward it's just me, my own account and the markets.

Isn't that true for all of us? Why waste time & energy with irrelevant jabs and jibes?

The topic of this thread is "how much trading capital is required". I did my best to offer honest input and personal advice on what years of trading experience has taught me. I've said what I had to share on this topic, hope it helped.

Best Trading Wishes to all!
    Austin

#56     Sep 3, 2006
  7. Don't take it personal....I'm just making sure the public knows the "rest of the story". You see when it comes to advice, you need to know who it's coming from and any alternative motives or conflicts of interest. You being a vendor, have conflicts of intersest...it's not unbiased information you're sharing.

BTW, you're advice to someone who was down 350k was to keep going? :eek: If that's the best you have to offer, perhaps a reality check in "neverland" is in order?

I have work to finish up, enjoy the rest of your weekend.

#57     Sep 3, 2006
  8. mschey, I clarified my position with stockgirl and apologized to her where I felt it was needed. True or true?

Please feel free to promote my service(s) as much as you wish... every word in my forum speaks for itself. There sure as hell isn't anything to hide in there. Everything I trade with is 1,000% original... and the price of anything in this world is purely relative, now isn't it?

I'll say this a third and final time... where have I ever self-promoted inside this ET site? The hidden agenda you ass u me really is hidden very well, isn't it?

If and when I decide to promote myself in this forum, it'll be visible to all. Until then, I'm no different than you. You have my respect unless it deserves otherwise. I have no beef with you or anyone else in this forum.

With that, can we please return to the topic at hand?

#58     Sep 3, 2006
  9. Its not supposed to seem funny to you. For you it is a breakthrough in my typing copy.

I wasn't making fun of Nitro. The humor for others, maybe, was that not making any money hard to do. Then making the least amount possible (granted it was being made every day) is not far from making enough to live on and almost all people do not even get that far.

The punch line is that there is so much money available, how could anyone be making so little.

Nitro has me on ignore so he never see my posts and he never reads journals. Making a certain amount of money (FULL NITRO) in a year is very difficult to do if a person is using regression to the mean. the market goes though the mean so often you would just make a FULL NITRO in a short time. and not take a year.

We all want NITRO to make a lot of money; he just keeps deciding to not to.

#59     Sep 3, 2006
  10. yep my total loss while trading is less than 5K over the years - my software expense is close to 5K a year + around 75K per year living expense

#60     Sep 4, 2006