How much do you need to realistically make it?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by midlifeguy, Sep 1, 2006.

1. stockgirl, it is a common expectation to assume trading is far easier than we discover it to be in reality. For a number of reasons, most people assume if they can fund an account and handle some simple math, results should follow suit.

Recently I watched an experienced chainsaw artist carve some absolutely unbelievable woodwork: the animals he did were in motion and seemily three breaths away from being alive.

The guy was younger than me, wielding aged saws that looked like they were dragged (drug?) behind his truck across rough roads on their way to the event.

I have Stihl chainsaws in my garage that are practically new and far more costly than the artist's old junk. I've been running chainsaws cutting wood a lot longer than this guy has, no question.

But... if I tried to chisel out a piece of work like he routinely does, it would result in a big pile of wood chips and something that looks like it was bred on the island of Doctor Zhivago.

Bottom line? Skill is a direct result of experience. Experience comes over time thru trial & error via the school of hard knocks. We all pay for our tuitions in life... either for knowledge = info purchased or to the market itself for harsh lessons learned.

Stick & stay, the reward is worth it :>)
    Austin

#41     Sep 3, 2006
  2. Are you kidding me Austin? She has pissed away over 350k and you are telling her to stick with it? She needs to stop the bleeding, no reason to piss away that much money learning the markets. Very bad advice on your part...very bad!

What's next, you're going to tell her that all she needs is your coiled market course at $1995 and she'll suddenly find herself profitable?

#42     Sep 3, 2006
  3. mschey, you offered the correct advice. I did not mean for stockgirl to keep going at the pace she is... whatever that might be.

The term "living expenses" means what? $75k per year x4 equals $300k?

I didn't presume to know or did I ask how much loss was attributed directly to trading. I only meant to say success is possible... did not imply to keep treading on the same grist mill.

My sincere & direct apology to stockgirl if that was implied... take mschey's advice... stop digging and start learning how to build a staircase instead.

#43     Sep 3, 2006
  4. mschey, please direct me to anywhere in any of my posts where I've referenced any type of offer to anyone. I'll be sure to have the moderators delete that errant post at once.

If you aren't able to direct me to such a reference or connection on my part anywhere inside this entire forum, why do you bring it up?

#44     Sep 3, 2006
  5. I don't track your posts...I wouldn't know...but there are few others on here who will track them down and let us know.

Don't take it personally, but I am skeptical of all vendors. Even more so when I see them offer bad advice. There are alot of wanna be's both vendors and non vendors, offering advice on trading that have no business doing so. In fact, it's been my experience that there are very few on here who should really be giving any advice on trading.

IMO, you have all the makings of a snake oil salesman. You sell a course(the material may not even be original material...the coiled markets concept you likely picked up from Larry Williams when he talks about small rge, lge rge cycles, the bowtie concept comes from another guy), you use a low pressure sales pitch, you even talk about your religion as a reason to trust you(My experience has been that anyone who use religion as a reason why they are trustworthy and you should do business with them...walk....no run the other way. )

You may be a good trader...but until you prove it, you won't have my respect, and thus will not earn the benefit of the doubt. This can all be remedied by you choosing to walk the walk, and post your blotters on the P&L thread, if you survive scrutiny, and you manage to eak out some respectable profits, then you'll earn my and many others respect. I don't have a problem with vendors, just vendors who claim to be able to teach others to trade and make money, when they can't do it themselves.

That's my position.

#45     Sep 3, 2006
  6. nitro

nitro

You are a vendor?

nitro

#46     Sep 3, 2006
  7. He most certainly is...coiled markets...puts out a 20 minute sales pitch every night.

#47     Sep 3, 2006
  8. nitro

nitro

Links?

nitro

#48     Sep 3, 2006

9. coiledmarkets.com

Puts on a video after the close about his trading day, how he can never go broke with he method...the fact that he's selling a set of "method tools", and that he could care less if anyone else ever bought a package from him again.

I listend to a few presentations to get an idea of what he and his method were really all about.

#49     Sep 3, 2006
  10. No it was just humor.

Nitro makes almost nothing a year on his capital. He made some posts (2) that sort of tie stuff together to sho he doesn't make any money.

The level of writing that you were able to read was kinda childish.

Notice Nitro's responses on the post, if you will. He will fill us in on more details, maybe.

#50     Sep 3, 2006