How much did your trading education cost?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by peilthetraveler, Mar 20, 2012.

1. you aint going to make it very far in this business if you only devote 12 hours a day to it

#31     Apr 1, 2012
  2. did they teach you all that bullshit in the military? I mean I know they have something called "Military Intelligence", but have you ever seen an intelligent military?

If I ever need something broken I'll call the military.

If I ever need to think about someting I'll call somebody else.

#32     Apr 1, 2012
  3. So,

From few posts, you move from attacking me, to attacking the military who protects us all because your feelings are hurt with me stating that we "men" take ourselves too seriously.

And you hijacked this tread.

Done wasting time with you.

Best of luck to you.

#33     Apr 1, 2012
  4. if you're a born warrior you can retake it

#34     Apr 1, 2012
  5. after 13 years making 160k you avg. 1k per month. that sucks balls. I have no idea how your family ate from that crap. maybe this is possible with sec8 and food stamps, but i dont believe that you supported them. thats bs.

aside from that, you blow your equity on one trade, july wheat, so its understandable you not knowing what your education costs because you never received one. after 13 years you are still learning, and there are some out there that never learn. you are one of them.

#35     Apr 1, 2012
  6. well first of all, I didn't make 160k, that was just the most my account was worth at the high point. I withdrew enough each month to pay the bills. In the end the only thing that saved me was some swiss francs and some cattle. But I had a very strong opinion on wheat and that bankrupted me. If there was any education it was, don't take profit from your winners to fund your losers.

The question wasn't, "Did you get an education?" the question was how much did it cost?

I don't know how much it cost, but I will think twice before ever closing out my winners I got lucky on to fund the loser I believe in.

#36     Apr 1, 2012
  7. and furthermore, I don't know why you kids today can't read or operate a calculator. Back then 32k was considered a respectable account to trade the merc, and if you couldn't come up with that you could trade corn and beans on the CBOT and make a living. Not the kind of living these hedge fund traders make today, but you could send your kids to private school and your wife didn't have to work.

#37     Apr 1, 2012

8. For exactly the problem you mentioned 32-160k is not a large enough capital base to live off of without the high probability of blowing out your account.

I myself don't plan to quit employment until I reach 10 times your max equity level.

#38     Apr 1, 2012