How much did you spend before you became a consistently successful trader?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by InTheZone, Mar 18, 2002.

1. 9 months of losses and $5000 worth of draw down on a $15,000 account.

About $150 in trading books

#41     Jun 11, 2007
  2. A. http://youtube.com/watch?v=6nuiIqMQ4sA

B. About 10 gallons of blood

C. No books needed - it all came to me in a dream.

#42     Jun 11, 2007
  3. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Mister PatrickQ,

I have been following your impressive results on the P§L thread, and I am wondering if it is possible for a retail trader like me to reach your level of consistency ( almost no losing day ). Is the fact that you're in prop with low commish, big access to capital... fundamental in your trading or can everybody do it, with the necessary dedication, inventivity and hard work?

#43     Jun 11, 2007
  4. Darvas2

Darvas2

Originally had absolutely no interest in the stock market. Use to watch Wall Street Week because my wife liked the program. Was completly lost. Had no idea what a PE ratio was or the S&P. I was interested in composing music--had no interest in making money.

One day a bookseller friend found the Darvas book at a garage sale and said read it, it almost seems possible. A few weeks later I met a trader and I asked him what he did. He said he traded stocks using price and volume as his guide. This sounded like what I had worked out for myself in composing music. (I used a melody against a base). He gave me some books to read and I devoured them.

Got interested in trading. Got together with my friend every night and he taught me technical analysis. Talked to William O'Neil after a free IBD seminar. Read hundreds of books to get some background and watched perhaps 30-40 tapes then tried to figure out how I could take money out of the market.

Started trading when the market was roaring up. Made $627 on my first trade (Ebay) and was hooked. Did quite well. Was going gang busters then I had four or five trades in a row that failed. Went to a social get together and EVERYONE was talking about the stock market. I remembered reading how one trader was given advice by a shoe shine boy and decided this must be near a top. Decided to try shorting. Shorted AMZN and road it down with a stop above. Did well.

Made money from the start, but that was because of the strong market, I was trading the right stocks at the right time (EBAY, AMZN etc.) risking everything on each trade and I had done some reading and thinking first.

Darvas2

#44     Jun 12, 2007
  5. umicore

umicore

A: 7 years
    B: 150K
    C: 3-5K

#45     Jun 12, 2007
  6. 150k over 7 years - shit!

You win the iron balls award. No matter how many times you get racked you just keep getting back up.

The Rocky of Trading! (Rocky I)

#46     Jun 12, 2007
  7. siki13

siki13

I learn how to trade in one day.
    It was very hard that day but i succeeded
    at the end.
    People often asks me was it worth to never leave the room for 18 hours until i learn
    even if now i can make consistently 20k a day.
    And i say probably yes .

After sharing this i think i am ready now to
    became true ELITE traders member.

#47     Jun 12, 2007
  8. 1day???? took me well over 2 years buddy. do you seriously make 20k each n everyday? u realise thats over 5 million a year

#48     Jun 12, 2007
  9. siki13

siki13

I thought that even 1 day would not
    be enough for someone to realize what king of bullshit lying thread this is.
    I guess couple of months that 90% people here say was not to obvious.

#49     Jun 12, 2007