How much $ did you lose until you made $ trading ?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by zanek, Oct 2, 2009.

1. About 10 years. I am a full-time software engineer and always thought that I could dabble and trade and make money. I was woefully wrong! Worst loss was 26K in about 3 hours (back in the late 90's). Been profitable now for 2 years, but that's only becuase I am now 100% automated. I day-trade stocks and average around 3000 trades per year (100% in cash every single night).

I have an expectancy of around .18 and a max DD of 11%. Now trading with a little shy of 200K.

Jason

#31     Oct 5, 2009
  2. I'll try, as suggested, to be concise, clear and crisp from now on. The bases have been covered in ET over the last few years. No more corny humor. And liberal use of the ignore.

To orient to the market's offer from the P, V vantagepoint is a terrific idea and practice. I use my personal intent as the seed. I give my attention as the theme for realizing my potential.

1. I make sure to be on the right side for the appropriate fractal. What I enjoy is omitting scalping and, as you do, I strive to attend to NOW. The nesting of fractals usually keeps me focussed on the elements of BBT's. For 81 bars, this can mean doing the 20 to 40 trades a day.

2. I fully annotate on the ES and the YM. This affords me two observable fractals for 1 above. This is where following the P, V on Es is made easy for me. Also, I realize that there is a lot of intrabar information to be seen on the ES.

3. My attention is devoted to having all the levels in hand. Trading is on a separate computer and screen. There is where the "hit T" is found and three other menus are there too. One is there to exit the screen and reload the screen if any strange thing happens. The phone is always at hand but I prefer to reload. Only the top of the "print" pane shows; I may not be able to see a former cycle, even. Finally, there is the pane that shows the positon "basis".

By fully annotating on other screens and their panes, I am P, V oriented in NOW.

4. The many levels provide the context for having a contining awareness of the two aspects of pool extraction: "continue on the right side" is almost always the NOW of trading. I am annotating everything that is observable. This means that sub fractals are be ng handled in the moduc of the single pattern. It is either B2B 2R 2B and b2b 2r 2b and almost vice versa. I annotate each sub pattern of the B2B 2R 2B with cloning and arrows pointing to the somewhat multibar movement. The PRV and DOM Walls are there always. Channels and traverses are labelled using the 1,2,3 approach and I log on all four levels and put sublevels in the remarks column of the log. Anything in the remarks column is annotated by drawing a simple line to the other levels columns, which ever appropriate. I make a big black dot at the terminating point in that column.

5. I always have the intention to "wash" if and when I have not dealt with all of the necessary details. There is nothing wrong or right about noticing whether of not the nested fractals and sub fractals are unobservable at any point. After washing, I can resume when I have settled the matter at hand. One of the most interesting parts of the pattern is the 2 of the B2B or b2b. This where volume is comming to it's first trough after the beginning of a change in sentiment. In public forums, often people express their anxieties in terms of their having to chose about what is going on. After 2, the increasing volume on that pattern allows you do your MADA routine over and over. MADA is done many times during a day and always within the bars of ES as they unfold.

5. I realize my potential as a trader by being effective and efficient. I have separate mice for annotating and for "hitting T". I only reach for the trading mouse every 2 to 4 bars. I often let go of it as the pattern "continues" to develop. Then I return to my annotating mouse. The most important single thing in trading is the completion of the pattern on each and every sub fractal and fractal. If I am not noting the steps of the pattern in the remarks column (sub fractal) then I am observing how the P, V connection is being fulfilled. In my mind the bottom of the volume bar is not anchored to the axis.

There are two facets of the pattern that have my attention as I keep realizing my personal potential. The pattern may either grow longer in duration or it may shorten in duration. In either event, I keep the P and V coordination rolling along.

For effectiveness and efficiency in trading, I mostly stay, mentally, in NOW. and I sort of notice that I switch from one mouse to the other when it is appropriate.

6. Outside of doing the MADA with the P, V of the ES, there are many other observable things. My intention and my attention to my potential is focussed on the integrated pattern: four volume items: from P to T, from T to P, from P to T, and from T to P and the three price moves: to the left, to the right, and to the left. Other observable things support this.

#32     Oct 5, 2009
  3. lindq

lindq

LMAO!

Jack, of all the horseshit that you've slung over the years - and by now it is miles deep - this has to be near the top of the pile.

Funny stuff. Thanks for the laughs.

:p

#33     Oct 5, 2009
  4. wutang

wutang

Opened an account with 4k, doubled it in about a month and then promptly blew up. Realized I had a lucky streak, new next to nothing about trading, much of what I did know was the same BS everyone relies on, and I had no concrete money management rules or strategy. I then decided it was best to stay out, learn, and come back when I could approach it as a professional with a business (and proper funding) instead of just as a gambler with a dream.

edit: It also became readily apparent how crucial commissions are to your strategy.

#34     Oct 5, 2009
  5. jem

jem

Perhaps Jack could annotate with one mice and give a few days worth of live trade calls with another.

There is no one on the net more deceptive and full of shit than Jack Hershey.

He is a Nigerian trading guru scam. Only I have not seen anyone say he stole their money directly... only their lives.

#35     Oct 5, 2009
  6. LMAO :p

"never gonna happen"

#36     Oct 5, 2009
  7. ehorn

ehorn

As of 9/1/09, Jack has (on this message board) made 3 calls (long, short, long). Each directional call was made the evening before. The results of which were ~150 ES points in a range of 990-1065.

Lots a folks insist on riding the short bus around here ...

#37     Oct 5, 2009
  8. I lost about 20k steadily over two years trading index fuures, trading 1-2 mini-contracts at a time. Things just started becoming clearer over time, This year has been consistant profits. I feel like I am fine tuning my skill now. I started seeing the small nuances in the market..., and developing patients.. like a sniper. Only pull the trigger when you have the perfect signal. No need to over trade. At least 3 to 4 clear signals every day. Just have patients Daniel-San.... First learn balance, then learn punch...,Concentrate... focus power...
    :cool:

#38     Oct 5, 2009
  9. SK0

SK0

Hmm... though my question is not answered, I find the reply gives a few execellent insights. Thanks.
    - SK0

#39     Oct 7, 2009
  10. jem

jem

care to point to these calls....

I would like to see if they were real.

It would be interesting departure from a decade of internet bullshit from jack.

#40     Oct 7, 2009